“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Taplow
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed her a few times when on business. The rooms are generally very comfortable with The White Company toiletries. Beds are comfortable and you can select your pillow.i have only eaten in the bar at night and I would describe it as average. Full English breakfast in the morning is a real treat with it being served to you under a silver dome.
Hotel definitely worth staying at if you are visiting the area on business

Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight for a friends wedding and the guests had apparently taken over the whole hotel barring 1 or 2 rooms. Wedding was superb, service great throughout the evening and room was beautiful with stunning grounds and plenty of parking. The only downside was breakfast the following morning. Most of the items were cold and one of the tureens didn't have a handle which meant you couldn't open it without hurting yourself in the process. There was so much pepper in the scrambled egg it was only good for those who like spicy food which I don't. Cold selection was fine, but there was no spare cutlery out so you had to ask for more if you went up for additional items and they had cleared your previous items. There was so much wrong with this bit, it slightly marred the rest of the stay which was unfortunate. Having said that, I would take a risk that it was a bad day and stay again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane C
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We also stayed the night en route from the Fat Duck. It was a wonderful night although we chose not to have dinner as a result of an extended and very filling lunch. Our room was luxurious - we had dinner and breakfast together with James I suite for a reasonable rate. We will return and spend a few nights next time. The service was as one would expect for such an establishment and is to be applauded.

Room Tip: Worth choosing a suite....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here for two nights for some corporate training recently. The service and general impression of the hotel at check-in was of a very traditional English country house hotel - old fashioned and polite. I was looking forward to a warm, luxurious room in an older style - what I had was more of a cupboard in an older style. It was billed as a double room and did indeed contain a double bed. It also contained a desk, which left about a foot of space around the three sides of the bed. The "bathroom" had no window and a shower that I invariably banged parts of my anatomy against as I tried to apply the shower gel. There was no room for my relatively small bag in the "built in wardrobe" and room for about three shirts to hang before things started to get squashed.

Fortunately, I spent very little time in my room - if I had been travelling for leisure and sharing the room, I think I would have been deeply disappointed - even in my solitary situation my heart sank every time I entered the room, simply because it was so incredibly small.

Generally service was good and food was reasonable, but if you are used to being able to walk around unhindered in your room then make sure you know what you are getting in advance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed here with Friends form Belgium on Route to the Fat Duck, excellent service, great location, very friendly staff, great value.
The Hotel was very well kept, the rooms were a little small, no double sink in the bath room nor seperate Shower.
However dont park under the trees near the entrance!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I booked the Celebration Afternoon Tea for my mum's birthday after reading very good reviews on here. However when we arrived they weren't expecting us despite the fact that I'd made the reservation by phone and confirmed via email a week before. The waiter was very apologetic and said that Reception hadn't made the restaurant aware of my booking. Not a great first impression.

That said once tea was served we did enjoy what we had, various sandwiches, lovely scones with home made jam and clotted cream and cakes and pastries and as much tea as we could drink plus a glass of champagne. One reason I'd booked this venue was the fact that a birthday cake is included and brought to the table. We'd finished our tea and waited and when I enquired was told there would be no birthday cake because of the mix up with the booking. We were disappointed but I'm glad to say that as a show of goodwill we were charged £17 as opposed to £66 that it should have been. We were also offered more sandwiches and several glasses of champagne upon arrival.

Overall we enjoyed our visit and the service in the restaurant was attentive but not intrusive. It was just a shame Reception let them down.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank scousemouse64
Antwerpen, Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We attended a wedding here on New Years Eve and stayed at the hotel over the weekend. The decor is very pleasent and the rooms though hot, until we turned off the heating, comfortable and tidy. The food was pleasant and of a good standard. The staff friendly and efficient. The wedding went really well and the setting lent itself well. Not easy for commuting into London but quiet and peaceful with wonderful gardens. Liked it and would stay again.

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the garden
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taplow
Grovefield House
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 18 in Windsor

Been to Taplow House Hotel? Share your experiences!