We returned today from two nights in the Spencer suite at Cliveden as a special treat for our anniversary. I have stayed in five (and even six) star hotels all over the world and can honestly say this is one of the best. The service is fantastic, nothing is too much trouble and the food...trying to find the right words...simply sublime.
If you want modern and perfect acres of marble, gold leaf, crystal and bling, this is not the place for you. But this place has character, by the bucketload, as an historic grande dame of a house like this should have. I would highly recommend Cliveden. - and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cliveden is unique. One of the world's finest luxury hotels, this grand stately home is set in the heart of the Berkshire countryside, surrounded by 376 acres of magnificent formal gardens and parkland and with wonderful panoramic views over the River Thames. It is one of the finest luxury hotels near London and Heathrow Airport. Guests have included every British monarch since George I as well as Charlie Chaplin, Winston Churchill, Harold Macmillan, President Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw, John Profumo and Christine Keeler, and many other well-known names from the past and present. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cliveden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliveden House Hotel Taplow
- Cliveden House Taplow, UK - England