This is a truly fantastic country house, that is a great hotel. The staff are great and the welcome is warm. The meal in the restaurant was a little old fashioned for me. It was in the old style of being expensively fancy, but the quality was just not there. It was very Fish orientated with no vegetarian option. Having said this, if you fancy a special night away, Cliveden is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cliveden is unique. One of the world's finest luxury hotels, this grand stately home is set in the heart of the Berkshire countryside, surrounded by 376 acres of magnificent formal gardens and parkland and with wonderful panoramic views over the River Thames. It is one of the finest luxury hotels near London and Heathrow Airport. Guests have included every British monarch since George I as well as Charlie Chaplin, Winston Churchill, Harold Macmillan, President Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw, John Profumo and Christine Keeler, and many other well-known names from the past and present. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Cliveden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliveden House Hotel Taplow
- Cliveden House Taplow, UK - England