“Wonderful wedding location”
Review of Stoke Place

Stoke Place
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stoke Poges
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My partner and i were lucky enough to attend a wedding at this beautiful hotel.
It was a stunning building with amazing grounds.
We stayed in the regency suite and it was perfect. An absolute treat.
Huge free-standing bath with a good supply of toiletries.
The bed was very comfortable with beautiful bedding.
Super choice of tea and coffee in the room.

However i do feel that the breakfast was a huge let down.
We had to ask for napkins/butter/glasses and cutlery. That was at a time when the breakfast room was quiet !!! An hour later it was utter chaos.
No-one was clearing tables or re-stocking the buffet.
Not at all impressed with the breakfast food. It was more like a travel-lodge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna-Marie L

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stoke place is a charming country manor conversion in Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshore. A boutique hotel which has limited offerings, each of which it delivers on the whole, very well. My partner and I visited the hotel for one of our weekends away in spring and were charmed by the place. There was a wedding party staying at the same time as us, albeit we did not notice at all.

Our suite was situated in the centre of the manor, facing the back lawns, and I have to say we were impressed by the space offered. The furnishings were warm and comforting, and we had the benefit of a four poster bed, which was pretty large. We had afternoon tea brought to us in the room (comprising a fabulous range of snacks and cakes together with a very discerning range of teas). Thereafter we went for a stroll along the back lawns to the small lake and took in the fresh air. The grounds are fabulously appointed an peaceful.

We had bookings in the Garden Room restaurant that evening, albeit we were at liberty to sample the Hotel's bar at our leisure before, and were invited into the restaurant when our time came. The restaurant was smallish and quite low key, which we really liked, and suited our mood. The food was was well prepared and inventive, and indeed the desert of a deconstructed cheesecake really pushed the boat out on the inventive front. Overall a really good dinner.

We had breakfast brought into the suite the next morning, and were again pleased with the quality of the ingredients.

Overall, a good relaxing and refreshing stay. A hotel, with great service, a good room, furnishings, excellent grounds, a sound barman, and an excellent restaurant. What else does one really need. A gym and pool? Think again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I went to Stoke Place for my boyfriends birthday and the food was amazing. All dishes were full of flavor and the presentation was beautiful. I would not hesitate in recommending Stoke Place to all of my friends and I look forward to returning again soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindy c
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just came back from a weekend stay at Stoke Place and loved it. The hotel has all the charm of a country house, but with really cool interior. The room we had room 7 was great, really comfy bed and big walk in shower. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the weather was great so we had afternoon tea in the beautiful gardens. We borrowed two of the hotel bikes and headed off to black county park which was stunning and a great place for the kids. We had dinner in the Green Room restaurant and the food was amazing with service to match. After dinner had great martini's in the bar a great space to just chill out. Well worth the money for such a stunning location, we will heading back again soon.

Room Tip: Room 7 was great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sw1lad
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A really beautiful venue for a wedding. My room was comfortable, the staff were friendly and the food at the reception was particularly good. The grounds are stunning and I wish I had had the time to walk around and enjoy them. My only quibble was the lack of a simple teabag in my room! There was every other exotic flavour though! A little work on the breakfast coffee is also needed but the cooked breakfast was good and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I will recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the very top floors are not suitable for older people as the stairs are steep. If you a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My friend and I booked afternoon tea at the Stoke Place Hotel. It is quite easy to find and is located In nice grounds with a lovely stream and places to sit to enjoy the ambiance.
On entering the hotel it was hard to define where the reception area was, however on finding a member of staff we were directed to the bar where we were checked in and shown to a small restaurant. The waiter directed us to a table and gave us a menu, he went back to the bar and promptly returned with 2 glasses of champagne. There were about 7 tables in total in the room which in hindsight was just as well as the floor was wooden and once the tables were full the noise level went up which made speaking and listening to conversation hard. A young Polish waitress took our order, she was polite, friendly and very efficient. The food was lovely with selection of sandwiches freshly made, 2 scones each with cream and jam plus a selection of cakes which looked scrummy. The tea was English breakfast, the only down side was I feel the tea should have been served from a china tea pot with china cups instead of glass tea pot and cups. Unfortunately were unable to eat some of the cakes and the waitress offered to box the remaining cakes to take home. She was just has attentive to the other guests which made the experience enjoyable. A pat on the back for her.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed May 22, 2013

6C9QMD husband and I have just got back from a business/golf trip to Wentworth and chose to stay at Stoke Place. We were not disappointed. A beautiful hotel with amazing grounds and lovely rooms. Yes it is costly but your paying for location and amenities. The staff were brilliant and the food was very nice. A huge wine list to choose from but my only grumble would be the bar and room service menu was slightly mean with their choices. Would we stay again, most definitely but this time we will bring the children.

Room Tip: The Suites for couples are beautiful with stunning views of the Capability Brown designed Gardens.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
#13 of 22 in Slough
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor

Been to Stoke Place? Share your experiences!