I chose Stoke Place as it looks a terrific setting on the website. Took family members to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. The tea was delicious and beautifully presented,the staff couldn't have been more friendly, and there is a very welcoming initial greeting at the door. We were unlucky to be there on an extremely busy day - good sign it was busy except we were kept waiting for much longer than suited the older relatives, and then we had only 25 minutes to enjoy the tea as they needed to prepare our table for their evening guests. Have been back again, at a carefully chosen time mid week, when we had a pleasant and leisurely tea, with a stroll around the lake.
I would recommend the tea - but avoid a day they have a wedding to cater for, or a key weekend such as Bank Holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Country HouseStoke Place is a reinvention of the traditional country house - a home from home environment, ideal for celebrations and with the feel of an aristocratic-owned private house.With 39 bedrooms, 7 individually designed private rooms seating from 8 to 200 people, extensive gardens designed by the legendary Capability Brown and a gym and treatment room, Stoke Place offers conferences, weddings, quiet getaways and fantastic dining.Recently awarded 3 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence and a Notable wine list award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Stoke Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Place Hotel Stoke Poges
- Stoke Place Poges
- Stoke Place Hotel Poges
- Stoke Place Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom