This was a big disappointment. We were in one of the cottages 150 yds from the main building not ideal if the weather's cold or wet. You need 'sensible' shoes to walk over the gravel paths and a coat to shield you from the winter weather on your way to dinner. We had booked dinner for 7pm but this was changed, without consulting us, to 6.30pm. Dinner was good and the sevice 'speedy', all became clear when we were asked to leave the dining room soon after we finished. We were told that they needed the space for other bookings. Money before the convenience of guests obviously. Our room had coffee/tea marks on the wall, there weren't enough towels and if you didn't want to sit on the bed there was only one chair at the 'desk'. All in all, not what I would call a 4 star experience. Wouldn't go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Country HouseStoke Place is a reinvention of the traditional country house - a home from home environment, ideal for celebrations and with the feel of an aristocratic-owned private house.With 39 bedrooms, 7 individually designed private rooms seating from 8 to 200 people, extensive gardens designed by the legendary Capability Brown and a gym and treatment room, Stoke Place offers conferences, weddings, quiet getaways and fantastic dining.Recently awarded 3 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence and a Notable wine list award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Stoke Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Place Hotel Stoke Poges
- Stoke Place Poges
- Stoke Place Hotel Poges
- Stoke Place Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom