Went along here at fairly short notice to celebrate my wife's birthday with an afternoon tea. Having considered some of the more popular riverside venues we opted for somewhere we hadn't been before. Booking on line was very straightforward.
Food was as expected, very nicely served by waitress and 'assistant' which made it very slick and professional. Sandwiches, warm scones and selection of 5 cakes/deserts together with a very wide choice of leaf teas were served in the garden room.
The only criticism is that the ambiance was a bit lacking, probably not unreasonably on a Tuesday afternoon at 3.00, there was another table occupied when we arrived which departed shortly afterwards (hopefully not as a result of our arrival).
12.5% optional service charge automatically added to bill, which always grates a little with me.
Would visit again, but probably in the summer when the grounds and terrace could be used to advantage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Country HouseStoke Place is a reinvention of the traditional country house - a home from home environment, ideal for celebrations and with the feel of an aristocratic-owned private house.With 39 bedrooms, 7 individually designed private rooms seating from 8 to 200 people, extensive gardens designed by the legendary Capability Brown and a gym and treatment room, Stoke Place offers conferences, weddings, quiet getaways and fantastic dining.Recently awarded 3 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence and a Notable wine list award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Stoke Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Place Hotel Stoke Poges
- Stoke Place Poges
- Stoke Place Hotel Poges
- Stoke Place Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom