“Luxury prices, but worth it”

Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stoke Poges
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Visited this hotel overnight on a Celebration package for a special wedding anniversary. Had a wonderful time and felt completely pampered. We stayed in a mansion room, which was large and comfortable, huge bathroom upstairs, so it felt like a suite. Had dinner in the hotel dining room. Service was impeccable and made us feel really special. Chose to spend an extra £5 for breakfast in our rooms next morning, which was also beautifully presented. Staff were all courteous and helpful. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2010

We travel a lot my husband and I and like discovering some charming countryside hotels. Stoke Park was advised by one of my cousin we were coming to visit in the area. Stoke Park has the full package!!!
Beautiful buildings :2 buildings of totally different style, (classic or modern ) you can choose which one during the reservation process (we stayed in the Mansion, very romantic..); Don't worry about going from one building to another, Reception will always offer you a lift with the hotel mini -van
Room and view absolutely breathtaking;
3 different restaurants (advise Fine Dining with its 2 rosettes, superb menu and impecable service); fitness, spa (had the best massage ever with Anne?, mature lady, who healed my bad back)
Know by Reception, exceptionally knowledgeable and welcoming (which is a fact I found quite rare nowadays), that the hotel is in the process to get the 5 stars.
With the hotel assets and the genuine care of the staff, I have no doubt that Stoke Park will get it. We wish them all the best luck and will definitely come back to find out!!

Reviewed May 23, 2010

My partner and I have just returned from a weekend at Stoke Park to celebrate my partner's birthday. This is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in in the UK. The grounds are vast and are kept in immaculate condition. The hotel is split between 2 separate buildings which are a short walk apart - the more traditional manor house or the modern uber cool pavillion. We stayed in the pavilion which houses the swimming pool, spa, gym and 3 indoor tennis courts. Our room was tastefully decorated with modern furnishings and many mod cons. For example some of the lights had movement sensors and the blind was electric. They are also well appointed with a large flat screen TV, a mini bar, safe, i-Pod doc and tea and coffee making facilities. The bathrooms are palatial with 'his and hers' sinks, a large bath and walk in shower with a massive rain head. Slippers and white fluffy robes are also provided. The beds were king size and incredibly comfy. The hotel has an impressive array of leisure facilities. The tennis courts and the spa are very popular and so it is advisable to book in advance (especially the outdoor courts). We stayed during one of the hottest weekends of the year (so far !) and were able to enjoy the spacious sun deck with free sun loungers provided. The food was exceptional and far exceeded our expectations. We ate breakfast on both days in the Manor house with the doors opening out onto a large lawned terrace. We also had lunch at the Pavilion and an evening meal in the Dining Room. The food was exquisite. It was beautifully presented and with outstanding service to match. The service was at all times impeccable and very personal. All of the staff went out of their way to ensure that our stay was an enjoyable one. Perhaps the best example was on our first visit to the Manor House we were greeted by one of the receptionists who proceeded to give us a guided tour of the reception rooms whilst recounting all of the various films in which the hotel, its rooms and gardens have featured (Layer Cake, Pride and Prejudice, Bond films etc). The hotel's location is excellent in that it is only 10 minutes away from Eton and Windsor by car. One of the receptionists not only provided directions but also suggested where to park. All in all, we could not fault any aspect of our stay. It was simply wonderful. My partner and I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. It is easy to see why it is a member of the SLH and why it has received such rave reviews. The Spa has also consistently featured as one of the Top 10 Spas in the UK. We cannot wait to return. Thanks to everyone at Stoke Park for making our stay such a memorable one.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rob007Kent_UK
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My husband and I went to stay on a Friday night, when both kids were away. You cannot believe you are so close to London, Heathrow, as the Mansion is surrounded by acres and acres of parkland, mature trees and gardens. We stayed in the Mansion House, on the 2nd floor, wonderful views. Rooms in the Pavillion looked great too. Dinner in the dining room was exceptional, and fabulous service.
We each had an amazimg Spa treatment - the best we've had for a long time: I had an Algae Wrap, James the full massage. We both felt envigorated and relaxed at the same time! So refreshing. We then had a lovely long swim in the beautiful pool, and sunbathed ourselves dry. A very country club feel to this hotel at the weekend.

Reviewed April 8, 2010

We recently stayed overnight at the incomparable Stoke Park as a surprise for my husband's 30th birthday.
This was our first overnight stay, however, I have been privileged enough to have been to the restaurant on a couple of occasions and visited the Spa as a Day Guest.
On arrival we were met by a friendly and professional team who offered to valet park our car and took our luggage whilst we carried out the booking in procedure. We were asked what time we would like a table for dinner in the dining room and this was sorted out with immediate haste and further professionalism.
We were staying in the Villiers room, in the main house, which was beautifully decorated, in a classic, tasteful, but not dusty or chintzy, style. We had a huge super king-size bed with beautiful crisp white linen, a little sitting area with TV that had access to the normal Sky channels and at a premium you had access to a selection of films. The adjoining marble bathroom had both a free-standing claw foot bath and a large luxurious shower.
I had pre-arranged for treatments for both my husband and I over at their incredible Spa. This is worth a day visit as it is one of the best spas I have ever visited. Their facilities are fantastic and all the staff incredible.
After our treatments we headed back to our room for an unwind and then headed down to dinner in the evening. This was an unparalleled experience.
The Maitre D' was exceptional and is a huge asset to Stoke Park. He talked us through the menu and as I am currently 32 weeks pregnant, he pointed out potential dietary stumbling blocks. We were made to feel like royalty throughout the evening and the food didn't disappoint. It was delicious!
I slept extremely well, which is a feat in itself in my current condition!
I cannot wait for the next occasion (and arranging a babysitter!)
I would recommend a visit to anyone who wishes to stay somewhere that service is the highest priority and wants a luxurious stay at a Classic British Country Home.

1  Thank Lotte32
Reviewed March 9, 2010

My partner and I stayed at Stoke Park for 3 nights as part of a birthday celebration. From the moment we arrived by car the staff at Stoke Park were very friendly and courteous, car parked and luggage collected. I agree with a previous writer that the staff are tip-top at all levels making you feel relaxed and welcomed. We stayed in an executive double-room in the Mansion which was superb. There was a wedding at the weekend and we were not distubed by the noise and the hotel kept us informed of the wedding party at the time of booking. We had a great al a carte meal in the dining room, the maître d’ is a very charming man . My partner took ill with the flu, and the reception lady was great in assisting me in where to get pharmacutical items. We had spa treatments which were fine. The spa and gym area are well equiped, even though open to club members these two areas were never overcrowded.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msEIT
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Unfortunately the Stoke Park Club did not meet our expectations, given the cost per night. On a positive note, the health and spa facilities are good, and although we did not play on the golf course, it has an excellent reputation.
We stayed in a pavilion room which is in the same building as the spa.Two lightbulbs had blown in our room and the lighting was tempremental.The only bar to have drinks in is in the main building and is more like a golf bar, and lacks any atmosphere.
At breakfast the following morning, there was no-one to seat us and the tables were not set, and the waiter was shocked when we asked for napkins! Finally the hotel had the audacity to charge you for a "complimentary" newspaper. Not what you expect from a 5 Star Hotel.

We may return to play golf, but will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa

Been to Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel? Share your experiences!