“Wow! Probably the most wonderful hotel we've visited, and brilliant staff to boot”

Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stoke Poges
Reviewed September 16, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! We spent the first night of our honeymoon here and every member of staff was so welcoming and made us feel special. Everything from our check in to our dinner and spa treatments ran like clockwork, which we think is definitely a testament to the brilliant staff and their attention to detail. Our room was absolutely perfect, very romantic, with an open fire in front of a lounge area, and an incredibly comfy bed with crisp sheets. We had dinner in San Marco which was so yummy, Paul was a wonderful host and the food really yummy. I had a massage in the spa which was absolute bliss after weeks of stress, so much so that I fell asleep for a second!. Breakfast in the orangery was also wonderful. As a lover of all things of the period of stoke park, it was perfect, and very impressive that they have kept the house so incredibly well. We could not recommend this place more, and we will certainly return, thank you for making the start of our honeymoon so special.

Room Tip: Perfect for a trip anytime, but was ideal for us before flying off on honeymoon from Heathrow
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you ever so much for this wonderful review, I was thrilled to read such superb comments from our friendly and professional staff to our facilities, treatments and your dinner in San Marco.

It has given me great pleasure to read these comments and inform all staff members of their great work, as we believe that friendly, happy to help and professional staff are fundamental to our guest experience. Great care has been taken in ensuring that the Mansion is a true reflection of the period, along with many years of restoration work has taken place to maximize Stoke Park’s beauty.

I am delighted that you chose Stoke Park as your first night of your honeymoon and hope to be welcoming you back soon to enjoy the rest of our first class facilities.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Having seen many offers for this hotel and we happened to be in the area we thought it might be a good idea to call and have a look before we book a surprise for a family member. Initially we were very impressed with the long swooping drive and the rather grand view of the house. However after entering the new building known as the pavillion it all started to go down hill. We thought we might have some tea so we walked along a corridor to look for the lounge or bar and as we did so someone approached us to ask if we might need help, we declined any help but we were followed and asked again so we said we would like some refreshments and we were promptly told it was Members ONLY. We were shocked by this as it didn't say it was a private club at the gate so we said we would go to the main building and we were told once again that it was members only. I told my husband that the staff member must have been mistaken as I had seen alot of offers for the spa and hotel so how could anyone be paying to stay and then not be allowed to have refreshments or meals etc. We went into the main building and we ordered a drink, once again we were asked if we were members, we managed to persuade the young waiter we only wanted two drinks and it was a very hot day so he served us but we were not made welcome at all. When it came to us paying we were made to feel uncomfortable once again.
We were amazed by this treatment, we have travelled all over the world and have been to many luxury hotels including the refurbished Savoy hotel and many Fairmont hotels around the world not to mention Sandy Lane too but we have never experienced such rudeness anywhere else as at this Hotel or should I say private club. It is very snooty ! Needless to say we decided not to book in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sugaraunty
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Madam,

Firstly may I sincerely apologise if at any moment you were made to feel unwelcome at Stoke Park. We are regularly applauded for our friendly, first class service and guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We hope that all guests who come to us feel immediately at home.

Stoke Park is a private estate, and therefore is not open for guests to pop in unless they have previously booked. If you are a hotel guest, you have access to all of our facilities and restaurants. Also even if you are not a member or a non resident, providing bookings are made in advance, you are able to come for afternoon tea, lunch or dinner in Humphry’s, into the spa for a treatment or spa day and also there are casual green fees on the golf course.

Bookings however must be made in advance and again I apologise if you felt unwelcome in any way,

I hope, if you would consider us in the future, we would exceed your expectations,

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a beautiful period property which was perfect for country getaway. Compared to other luxury country properties I did not feel they were competitively priced. I would recommend this property more for someone who is looking to celebrate a special occasion.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SunnyTRL

Thank you ever so much for a great review, I am delighted that you would recommend and visit Stoke Park again. We pride ourselves on our ability to meet and exceed guest expectations, creating lasting memories which leave our guests wanting to return.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have played golf here on many occasions but had never stayed at the hotel. We had a room in the main house which was well above expectations. The room was large with pretty much every thing you would expect from a 5 star resort. The gym and spa were excellent and we had a fantastic meal in the Italian restaurant. I would like to come back with my children as their was plenty for the kids to do with the pool and large games room. All in all a great place for a weekend break....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for this wonderful review, I am thrilled with your highly rated comments of your stay here with us. We pride ourselves on not only our first class facilities for adult guests to use and enjoy, but also our attention to detail and onsite facilities designed to ensure children enjoy their stay. Our location means we are only a short drive away from some of the UK’s major attractions including; Legoland, Windsor Castle, Chessington World of Adventures and many more. As a family owned business, ensuring that we are family friendly is fundamental therefore I am delighted with your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you and hopefully your family to Stoke Park soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Following a long day at Legoland myself, partner and 4 year old daughter arrived at Stoke Park on Sunday 25th August to find that we had been upgraded to the Pennsylvanian Suite (Bridget Jones fans will recognise this as the room from her mini break with Daniel Cleaver). This room features on their website but it's hard to describe just how perfect is really is, enormous 4 poster bed, huge balcony with outside seating ,sofa, open fire, double sinks and miles of marble in the bathroom, the list goes on.

The service at Stoke Park is without doubt the best we have ever experienced and we have stayed in many 5 star hotels, all of the staff is so friendly and professional without being at all intimidating.

We ate in the Italian restaurant as we didn't feel if fare to other diners to put them through a fine dining experience with a 4 year old, this was lovely and it wasn't a problem for my daughter to wander around. Gin and tonic on the patio outside the restaurant looking across to the famous bridge and grounds was magical.

Thank you for all of the little touches, fruit basket, birthday card and Champagne with dinner. It was so special I will certainly be back.

PS - child owners

The setup is excellent for children, with a playground, splash time at the spa pool and lovely walks through the grounds - I won’t spoil the fun but the turndown services is fab!

Room Tip: If money is no object go for a Suite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you ever so much for such a fabulous review, I along with all of the team are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us at the end of August. Being a family owned hotel means being family friendly is of huge importance to us, we believe that the attention to detail and experience had by children should be just as great as those experienced by our adult guests. We pride ourselves on not only our friendly, professional, happy and helpful staff but also on our attention to detail. We believe that it is the little things, which ensure we exceed our guest’s expectations leaving them wanting to return. Therefore I am delighted you were pleased with the upgrade, birthday celebrate gifts and of course our turndown service.
I would like to also say thank you for your wonderful comments about San Marco I am glad you enjoyed your meal.

We hope you to welcome you back to Stoke Park soon, especially as Humphry’s is one not to be missed. Our Executive Chef, Chris Wheeler and his skilled team of Chef’s produce dishes of the highest standards using seasonal, fresh and local ingredients.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Spent a Saturday night for family birthday. We were 3 families together. Very comfortable rooms in new part of hotel, lovely spa, beautiful grounds, food good in Italian Restaurant. Breakfast a bit haphazard. Would go again definitely. The Spa and swimming pool is great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you ever so much for a great review, I am delighted that you and your guests enjoyed your stay here with us, the rooms located in the Pavilion are of a modern contemporary feel to compliment the ambience of the spa and contrast against those found in the Mansion. I am thrilled with your review and hope to welcome you back to Stoke Park very soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Me and my husband, we like to treat each other with surprise getaways. So it happened, this time we stayed for one night in Stoke Park. We never been here before, and as it was a surprise for me i couldn't stop smiling while my loved man was driving up to the main house, where we staid.
The driveway is long and just beautiful as you can see at the movie Layer Cake.
We had a smooth and friendly check in with one of the junior receptionist. Got a lot of information about the room, gym, spa, restaurant opening times.
I was very impressed about the little chocolate box and rich fruit basket which was waiting for us in the room. It was a sunny day so we made a most of it, went for a walk around the hotel and Memorial garden. Had a quiet and excellent dinner at the main restaurant. I followed the recommendation of the waiter such as scallops and halibut. Both dishes were maid like my taste, also with the help of the Sommelier we mach a bottle of good white.
Breakfast was great, nobody seemed tired from previous night service, we found happy staff around us, helping out with the buffet service and orders. Was not a trouble at all to arrange something off from the menu (Eggs Royal).
As we had the possibility to leave our bags with reception after checking out time, we took the chance to use the gym and relax at the pool.
Excellent first experience, highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you ever so much for this wonderful review, I am always thrilled to read such great all round comments. At Stoke Park, we pride ourselves on our ability not only to meet our guest’s expectations, but also on our ability to exceed them, creating lasting memories. We firmly believe that our friendly, happy, helpful and professional team contribute to our guests overall experience, therefore all guest comments are internally communicated, and are hugely appreciated by all, thank you so much.
I am delighted you had a wonderful stay, dining experience in our fine dining restaurant Humphry’s and had a great relax in the Spa, and most importantly a fabulous surprise!
I am also so glad you were able to take a walk around the memorial gardens which I hope you found to be beautiful.

We hope to welcome you back to Stoke Park soon!

Very best wishes and thanks,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke Poges
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield

Been to Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel? Share your experiences!