We stayed here as we were visiting the area - it was a chance booking, but I'm very pleased we chose Stoke Park. We stayed in "Huntingdon" which is a superior room in the main house on the second floor - £190 room only inc tax. The room was large, comfortable and had a great view over the front of the house (which looks over the first tee of the golf course). The bathroom was very nice - no shower but a lovely free standing roll-top bath with hand held shower mixer. We were tempted by the 10-course tasting menu for dinner which was superb and whilst 10 courses is extravagant by any measure, they were small enough portions not to be too silly! We thought the value at £75 per head was good too given the variety and quality of the courses on offer. The service both in the hotel and the lovely Humphrey’s restaurant is excellent, staff are informed, pleasant and professional - who could want more? Whilst we looked in at the Pavilion building (spa, less formal restaurant and fitness facilities) we did not take advantage this time - but it looked great. There is no getting away from the fact that this is a golfing hotel, so whilst you might prefer "unspoilt parkland" as a view, what you get is the first tee and the driving range. The main house appears to act as the golf club house with golfers being the main users of the bar and Orangery (lounge) areas. But you should not let this put you off if you are a non-golfer! The hotel and the food are both lovely enough to visit anyway - I'm just sorry we didn't have more time on this occasion to sample all the delights on offer.
The only (minor) criticism I have is with breakfast. It's quite expensive and whilst the food quality is good, the range is not great. Service was also a little haphazard - my husband had received and finished his scrambled eggs before I was served with my cold continental selection. There seemed to be no organisation at breakfast which was very unlike the rest of our excellent stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoke Park is Europe’s leading Hotel, Spa and Country Club Resort conveniently located 35 minutes from London and only 7 miles from Heathrow. Situated in leafy Buckinghamshire, Stoke Park is set amidst 300 acres of glorious parkland, lakes and gardens. With 49 exquisite bedrooms, a 27 hole Championship golf course, award winning Spa, 13 tennis courts and a state-of-the-art gymnasium, one will certainly encounter the ultimate Stoke Park experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Park Hotel Stoke Poges
- Stoke Park Poges
- Stoke Park Hotel Poges
- Stoke Park Country Club, Spa And Hotel Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom