“Refreshing Experience”
Review of Seasons at Stoke Place - CLOSED

Seasons at Stoke Place
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The King & Lamb Completely refurbished, and overlooking the beautiful Capability Brown parkland, The King & Lamb is set in relaxed and incredibly stylish surroundings, offering peerless views of the lake and gardens. The new menu is the creation of Head Chef Noel Capp, who is passionate about seasonal as well as local produce. With many ingredients coming straight from our own walled kitchen gardens, the dishes embody the very best of modern British cooking, whilst also paying homage to Stoke Place' wonderfully rich history. Noel has combined his enviable experience with his personal passion for simple, seasonal food to create an exciting new menu, with great quality and provenance at its heart. The restaurant is open daily, for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our experience was amazing - not what we expected at all. On first appearance this lots like an unfussy, nothing special restaurant but once you enjoy the amazing food you realise that the feel and style all add to the experience. Its not stuffy or pretentious, the service is impeccable but you feel so welcome.

There are newer reviews for Seasons at Stoke Place

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I read about this restaurant on Toads and Tiaras blog and had to try it! The food was inventive and modern. The courses seemed to keep coming and each was even more tasty than the one before. When you arrive, you are escorted to the bar area and presented the menu for the restaurant. There was a choice between a 2-3 course menu and a tasting menu which is shared by the whole table. I liked placing my dinner order at the bar because when we were whisked away to our dinner table, the dining experience could really begin without interruption. I ordered the monkfish as my main and it was very good; however, others in my party had the beef filet and it was a melt-in-your-mouth steak! I highly recommend that one.

The attention to detail from the staff was impeccable and really created a seamless dining experience, one that I haven't experienced since Victoria & Alberts in Florida. The chef even visited our table and shared a test item from the new menu he was creating. It made us feel very special. This restaurant is very expensive but worth every penny for a fine dining experience that will make you forget about the world around you for three hours.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We chose the tasting menu for dinner and had a wonderful meal and memorable evening. The food was beautifully presented and each course delighted us with taste and look. The staff were very attentive and we enjoyed the recommended wine. Our foodie guest said it was the best meal she had ever had. High praise indeed.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My partner recenty took me to sp for our anniversary , and all i can say is amazing !!! a beautiful setting , the food was absolutey amazing ,we had recently eaten galvain@windows the hilton park lane and the food was equally on the same level , and the friendly personal service @ sp was better !! the food was exqusite and not knwing alot about wine myself the restaurant manager had a good knowledge of wines and helped me choose a wine for my delicous fillet steak !! which simply melted !! I cant believe this country house gem hasnt got a michelin * ,I cant wait to revisit stoke place very soon !!! great value and a must try and not prentenous in the slightest and stuffy like some restaurants in the west end which i could mention !!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We booked here for lunch. Initial impression was good and certainly looked like we were in for as good an experience as we'd had at the sister restaurant, The Olde Bell. Sat down in the bar for a pre-lunch drink and were brought no less than 4 different menus, ranging from the children's menu (which included children's starters - do kids really need starters?!) to the bar menu to the lunch menu to the various tasting menus. Overwhelmed with choice, our group of four plus toddler chose from whichever menu took our fancy to be then told that was impossible. So to keep it brief, there seems to be a couple of odd rules in this place:1) You can't order from the bar menu if you're eating in the Garden room - Fair enough but, having booked a table in the Garden room, what was the point of showing us that menu?!) 2) Everybody has to order from the same menu. So the group had to unanimously decide whether to have the lunch menu, the 2 or 3 course 'a la carte' menu, or the tasting menu. Just weird and again, they didn't make it very clear when handing us the library of menus at the beginning. The food itself when it came was delicious but a little on the small side (I wasn't expecting Harvester portions but...!). I'd really like to like this place & bring others here, but I left feeling hungry, and just wishing I'd been able to order what I wanted in a lovely, relaxing restaurant.

1  Thank letoile648
Jacob_B_Ops_Manager, Manager at Seasons at Stoke Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We apologies for your disappointment, Thank you for your comments and there can be no real dialogue with trip advisor responses but if I do have a right of reply I would like to use it to say.

We can never please 100% of people 100% of the time, no matter how hard we try, but we never stop trying.

kind regards,