“One night stop”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
Lichfield
“One night stop”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I thought this hotel wasn't really sure what it wanted to be, a pub, a restaurant or a hotel and as a result did all three OK but didn't really excel at any of them.

The staff were friendly and attentive, the decor looked recently done and the room was clean. My room was a little on the small size but adequate and had a good shower so fulfilled my needs.

The food was typical pub food, so not gourmet cuisine but perfectly acceptable and they did a great pint of London Pride.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked this hotel as a last minute option. I was going to a concert in Wembley, the hotel was a perfect location for the Stadium and to get back to Heathrow but the rest was disappointing. On arrival the receptionist was so helpful and gave us plenty of times for trains etc but when we asked the second receptionist when we checked out how to get back to Heathrow it was like getting blood of out a stone. Google seemed to provide me with the answers better than her. Our room was very basic, the light fittings was falling of the wall, the bathroom door wouldnt shut, the windows wouldnt open and the bath was blocked up so everytime we had a shower it was more a bath. We would have got more water coming out of a watering can. Also when I came back to our room my handbag had been moved and I hadnt left it in the way it was actually quite hidden. For the price of this hotel I wouldnt stay here again. We tried to get help with the window, bath, etc several times but every time no one came back to the room to see what our problem was even when we checked out the receptionist didnt seem to care about the problems we had, not exactly the place you would want to go back to. The prices of food was to expensive and at the end of the day we was cheaper going to the local takeaway place then going there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Ethorpe Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear georgie8614, thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these comments further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer

Travelers are raving about these Gerrards Cross hotels

Ipswich
Reviewed June 24, 2013

4 of us went last week and were spoilt for choice as to what to choose off the menu. Some very good meal deals. The food was hot, well presented, tasty and reasonably priced. Plenty of parking (free after 6pm) and, as it was a warm, summer evening, the bar area was not too crowded as people were spilling out into the garden area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Ethorpe Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear StaffaIpswich,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased to hear you and your party enjoyed your visit.

Chef & Brewer
TRING
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this venue for our xmas family gathering 2012 eleven people,We booked it well in advance in fact we were the first back in July ,We were told when we booked we could have lunch and be abel to lounge in the bar area after .All went well until we were told we would not be abel to stay in the bar area as this would be closed.Our lunch was booked for three pm the last sitting so by about 4-15 as we were finishing and looking foreward to a few more more drinks in the bar area a good family get together .This was when we were told we would have to go to uor rooms as the bare was now closed,Well a few words were said like we would not have booked if we had known this ,the bar manager let us buy some more drinks to take upto our room.We were Fully Refunded Everything with some Vouchers the rooms the meal and the bar drinks . We wrote to head office they checked everithing out and then from the manager Mr Brandon at the hotel a full refund and vouchers this was with only one letter ,It seems that a decision had been made to close the bar and a notice had been placed in the rooms but because we checked in last sitting we went to our rooms dropped our bags and streight back down to the dinning room for the lunch,non of our party saw the notice about the bar closure.
We have visited the hotel a number of times before and never had a problem with food /service or anything else we have been back since for a meal and we will be visiting the hotel for a meal next week.I think Mr Brandon and his team do quite a good jobon the whole.

Harry Tadman.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Harry T
Dear Harry T,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you usually receive the service that is expected when visiting the Ethorpe and that the management team were able to reolve the issue that occured during your stay over that led to this review.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had to look for someone to check in and out, my room was quite small for a single room.
The beer garden was underneath my window so it was about midnight before the noise stopped.

At the breakfast it stated on the menu the perfect start to the morning, my scrambled was microwaved too long like my sausage very rubbery, bacon very fatty and no fresh fruit, so it was anything but perfect.
Wifi not working, waiting for a engineer,at £91for my room and breakfast was well over priced.
If in the area again will give this one a miss.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Neil f,

Thank you for your review, we have passed you feedback to our management team at the Ethorpe to ensure that future experiences are improved.

uk
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed the night before the FA cup final, Hotel ideal for Wembley Stadium,station 5 mins walk.
Car parking very good.All together this hotel clicked all the right buttons,the room(#22) large and airy and a good price..The bar and restaurant I consider very good value for money. All in all I could not find any major faults and will definitely stay again on my next trip to Wembley..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ianmacUK,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that the Ethorpe managed to tick every box during your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I don't normally leave a restaurant and feel the need to come home and leave a review but the terrible experience I have just had has lead me to. I live approximately 5 minutes from the Ethorpe so me and my mum have decided to come down for dinner. When we entered a lady came to the front to seat us with 4 dirty plates in her hands and said 'oh just sit where ever'. The service from there was very slow, I appreciate it is fathers day today but the place was not what I would consider extremely busy and there was a lot of staff to be seen. I ordered my meal, which was a roast dinner, it arrived with half of the food missing! I waited for someone to come around the corner but in the end had to get up and chase someone around to tell them half of my dinner was missing and to ask for more gravy as there was very little. The lady returned and said they was out of the stuffing and Yorkshire puddings and someone should have told her before she served me. At no point whilst she was serving other tables or for the 15 minutes we waited did she make an attempt to tell me some of my food would not be returning. The food that arrived was also nothing special and certainly not worth the money. Overall the food was poor, the service was poor and I will not be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank emily1371
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Ethorpe Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear emily1371,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Ethorpe Hotel in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges
Travelodge Beaconsfield Central
Travelodge Uxbridge Central

Been to Ethorpe Hotel? Share your experiences!