All reviewslovely hoteljacuzzi bathcoach partylounge barexecutive roombar foodwedding receptionbuffet breakfastplenty of parkingfamily weddingmain restaurantstayed for one nightlovely roomenjoyable staycomfy bedsandwichessaturday night
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights and I cannot fault hotel, beds so comfy and staff very pleasant, lovely gardens at the back with seating areas and deck chairs if you fancy sunning yourself, the breakfast was the best I have had in any hotel I have stayed in it was so good, 5/10 min walk to centre with easy access to train station only 3xstops and at Wembley.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Helen L, Hotel Administrator at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Denise4480,

Thank you for the great review of the Bull Hotel. I am delighted to hear you cannot fault us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our lovely gardens with the deck chairs.
We pride ourselves in our buffet breakfast which has a wide selection of both cooked and continental items to appeal to all dietry requirements.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We stayed for one night, as a family member's wedding and reception was at the hotel. The room was small, but clean and comfortable. We paid for an upgrade, so the decor was new and it had air conditioning, which was much needed during the heatwave. The bar and garden were really good for the wedding party and the grounds and public areas were really well maintained. The food was ok but nothing special, including the hot food at breakfast. Breakfast was also incredibly busy which was a bit of a negative. All in all though, a good stay and a lovely place to celebrate a wedding.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Dear Cosmicgirl1978,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bull Hotel. I am pleased to hear you took advantage of the availability of upgrading your room and had the air-con in the heatwave.
Our landscaped gardens do make a lovely setting for a wedding and we are able to offer a private room for wedding parties if they wish to have a private area for the morning after the celebrations.

Reviewed July 29, 2018

book this hotel overnight so it was a stone throw from heathrow airport . was good location reception and bar staff where great .food was a not to bad , we booked a luxury deluxe room for extra money . the air condition unit on the roof was so noisy it keeped us awake all night plus bed was so hard , would not book again to over priced hotel

Room Tip: dont go for superior suit not worth the money
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear David W,
Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I'm glad to hear our location and bar team was good for you.
I'm very sorry you didn't get a good nights sleep here with us. I only wish this was brought to our attention during your stay so that we could have arranged a more comfortable room for you but I can understand if it was too late by the time situation manifested. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if there's anything more we can do.
Warm regards,
Alex

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a comfortable 20 min train ride from central London in the upper class Gerrards Cross. Very close to Heathrow. Breakfast is excellent and the gardens beautiful. It is a short walk to the town centre where you have all you need

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
SarovaHotels, Hotel Administrator at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Heidi1967,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bull Hotel, I am pleased that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast selection and our gardens which make a perfect backdrop for pictures in particular for weddings & celebrations.

We are a short walk across the village green to the Train Station & town centre at Gerrards Cross which you can catch the over ground train to central London at Marylebone station in just 20 mins as you said.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

It was a lovely hotel on the outside, obviously very popular, with plenty of parking and a good ambiance in reception. It looked nice enough on the inside and the decor made it feel very welcoming. The front of house staff were perfectly friendly when I checked in late, which was really good.

The room was perfectly adequate for my needs. It was very clean and well equipped, with the usual facilities and amongst other things - there was a fan in the cupboard, which was a relief as it was during the recent very hot spell and the room was understandably hot. The fan was a great touch.

However, when I woke up in the morning, my legs and back were covered in small flea bites (or from bed buds). There were around 15 clear bites in total which were very uncomfortable indeed for the subsequent few days of itching.

When checking out, I mentioned the bites to the receptionist and she was quite shocked and very sympathetic. She said she would call the duty manager to come and see me. I didn't want to make a fuss, but basically figured I should make them aware of the likely infestation in order that they could simply have the room sprayed and the bugs easily eradicated.

The manager arrived a few minutes later to ask what my problem was; he was abrupt, not the least bit understanding and if anything he made me feel like I was making up a story to get a free room (which was definitely not the case). He took my room number and said he would investigate and be in touch with his findings. This was almost two weeks ago and quite frankly it is very predictable that I have not heard from him since, given his original arrogant stance. He clearly did not care.

Having read previous management responses to less positive reviews of this hotel, I am quite sure there will likely be a lengthy 'it's not our fault', 'everyone one else love this hotel', 'you are clearly a troublemaker' or 'its your own fault' response to my review.

However, and only on the basis of my less than acceptable experience with this particular 'Manager' and his unsympathetic handling of my complaint (not even taking in to account my actual experience in the room), I would not recommend this hotel.

It may be a great hotel when everything goes well with your stay (as many positive guest reviews very clearly point out) but when things don't go so well - don't expect your concerns to be dealt with at all professionally.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
SarovaHotels, Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Baronbolligrew,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.
I would first of all like to thank you for raising your suspicions with us about potential bed bugs/fleas in your room that night and I am as pleased as I hope you are reassured, to say that no evidence of these were found following a two day quarantine of the room as a precaution. Bedbugs are a hoteliers nightmare and though at present very uncommon in the United Kingdom, we do have robust procedures for dealing with suspect cases by calling pest control immediately after it's reported. Although that is our position, we would accept that other insects, such as mosquitoes, are in particular abundance this summer in light of the unusually hot weather and there is only so much we can do to repel them at this time.

I can only apologise for the way the issue was handled when it was raised. What has been highlighted here is not up to the standard of what we expect here at The Bull hotel if a guest raises any concerns. We do not make assumptions about what a guest might want when such issues are raised and nor do we ask what 'your problem' is and we will make this perfectly clear to our team going forward.

Once again I must apologise as the communication has broken down because as far as we were aware, we were due to be contacted by yourself following your check out. As the booking was made via a third party, I would politely urge you to contact us directly if there's any more we can do to ensure this issue is resolved in a satisfactory manor.

Warm Regards,