“Decent hotel with excellent staff”
Review of The Bull Hotel

The Bull Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We came for one night's stay and stayed in a Superior room. The room was very comfortable, clean and well equipped and we had a good night's sleep as it was so quiet. Breakfast was excellent, even though there weren't really enough guests to have the full buffet open, they were taking orders for anything you wanted.
The hotel is really very extensive - you can end up walking for ages to get to your room, until you work out the short cuts! But it means it has space for a nice cosy pub-style bar as well as a spacious airy conservatory bar.
The staff were wonderful - all extremely friendly and willing to help you out if they possibly could. We've already booked to go back and we only live just down the road!

Room Tip: Some rooms face straight across a courtyard into other rooms' windows - ask for one that isn'...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Snooky64
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Snooky64,

Thank you for your lovely review of the Bull Hotel. I am glad that you found our Superior room very comfortable. A majority of our Superior rooms are to the back of the hotel which offer a peaceful nights rest. Some do have views of our well-maintained English garden and woodland area.

Thank you for mentioning how wonderful our staff were, I will surely pass on your feedback to them.

As a local to our area, I do hope you will take advantage of our Sunday Jazz Carvery. It includes rib on the bone and turkey crown, marinated with the freshest herbs from our very own herb garden. It’s guaranteed to tickle the most demanding palate. Come along with family and friends and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, good food and some excellent wine.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for The Bull Hotel

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Nice bar, restaurant and most hotel rooms are good (though ageing...). Service in the bar and restaurant of good level.
Have stayed here more often (and will do) and in the summer the opportunity to sit and drink/eat outside, weather permitting...
England at its best if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear JJU46,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bull Hotel.

I am very happy to hear that you will be one of our more frequent travellers!

I am particularly pleased that you found the service in the bar and restaurant of good level. We do offer a delightful Afternoon Tea, with a selection of freshly baked scones, sandwiches and scrumptious cakes in the Conservatory lounge daily with lovely views of our picturesque English garden.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Well we arrived early afternoon on Christmas Eve staying three nights and including The Christmas Day Restaurant lunch in the Beeches.From the moment we set foot in reception the service started and our luggage including my portable hoist were swiftly despatched to our suite on level one where Duty Manager Chris gave us a tour of the room specifying the evacuation system for me in a wheelchair. A light meal in the Beeches before retiring to await Santa's voyage across Bucks. Arising late and missing breakfast meant a larger than usual space to fill with my lunch, this started with a large congregation in the Bar when the Champagne and canapés were amply served, and still the people arrived to join the happy throng. We arrived in the Beeches and were ushered to our table where we were treated to a meal that I can only describe as "How Mother would have made it" we continued for well more than a couple of hours from soup starter on to coffee and petit fours, each course as perfect as the one before. I can add no more, I feel a nap circling,

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank roger10817

Dear roger10817,

Thank you for your superb review of the Bull Hotel. I am overjoyed to hear that your stay was indeed memorable from your day of arrival and that we were able to make you feel as comfortable as can be in your beautiful suite.

We have received positive feedback with regard to our Christmas lunch and I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. I will surely pass on your comments to our Chef and his team.

I do hope that we will be expecting a visit from you again in the near future. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to join us for our Sunday Carvery Jazz Lunch!

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Decided at the last minute to stay over when celebrating a friends' son's wedding. Efficient booking, nice room, good breakfast. The buffet for the wedding evening reception was wonderful. Only downside is that some of the rooms are rather a trek to get too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Sprogsitter,

Thank for your recent feedback on the Bull Hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay while attending a wedding celebration hosted at the hotel.

I am particularly pleased to hear that you found our reservations department efficient whilst booking with us. I will be sure to pass your comments to the team.

I am sorry to hear that you found the rooms to be far away. We do have other room types closer to reception. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you visit us again, so that we can assist with your bedroom selection and find something more to your liking.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night to take a breather after Christmas ! What a lovely hotel ! The reception staff were charming and very welcoming when we checked in. Our room was perfect - the shower was to die for ! and the bed was absolutely wonderful. We didn't have dinner, but had drinks before going elsewhere to dine. The staff in the bar lounge were very attentive. Breakfast was excellent, with a great choice for all tastes. All in all a lovely, relaxing night away. We will be returning !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaRooLondon

Dear MaRooLondon,

Thank you for your very positive review of the Bull Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you were warmly received by our charming reception staff. We have recently changed our breakfast offering in Beeches Restaurant; I am happy to hear that you found it to your liking.

With Valentine’s Day approaching, we have some superb accommodation and dinner packages available. Hopefully we will see you then!

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My company used this venue last year and the food was brilliant, this year we all agreed was a resounding disaster,between my table we had the pate and soup tasted, the pate you could have got nicer prepacked in Tesco,the soup was delicious,Main course the samon was left by all after a couple of forkfuls,the Turkey was dry, the Roasted potatoes tasted as if they had been heated several times, the brussels were almost black where they had stood too long, the pigin blankets were cheap sausage not good, the chocolate tart came with no cream so you just had a very a sweet chocolate after a couple of spoonfuls was again mainly left, the cheese cake was ok but edible,the staff were brilliant cheerful, helpful the only saving grace for the hotel ,I have had better food at a road side ,I wasnt paying for it thank goodness my boss was ,hopefully we dont use the same place next year

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear susan k,

Thank you for your feedback and I do apologise we did not live up to our usual excellent standards we receive praise for.

I am sorry the quality of your dinner was poor. I am however very surprised as we have received very positive feedback from our Christmas parties over the past few weeks. All our meals are prepared freshly on the day, and we do source a high quality produce. Had we been notified during your dining experience, we would have definitely tried to rectify it for you.

Thank you for your positive comments about our staff ‘s brilliant, cheerful, and helpful service. I will definitely pass your comments onto our team.

Please do get in touch with me, should you wish to discuss your review in further detail.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

arrived at the Bull Hotel, on arrival was given Pomongrate juice with white wine, fantastic.Our party of 15 had two large tables,and there was other tables as well. The tables had loads of party poppers,crackers,hats to wear.
The food was hot and tasty,especially the cheesecake which was devine,
The Dj was ok, played some good music,but a lot of the music which she played for was for the younger generation, and most of the people there were between 40 and 60..We stayed the night there and the bedroom although the heating was on full blast,we could turn it down or open the windows.Plenty of tea and coffee,also a kettle which was good. A large tv sat on the dressing table.Bathroom and shower were spotless.Breakfast this morning was excellent. Help yourself buffett, from cerals,fruit juice,cooked breakfast,toast, different cheeses, different breads. First class service.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very clean, beds are so comfty,pillows are comfortable. bathrooms spotless with la...
1  Thank whitespirit13
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear whitespirit13,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bull Hotel.

I am happy to hear that our festive treats were well enjoyed, and you and your colleagues had a memorable Christmas party.

We have taken your comments on board with regard to the choice of music, as we do try and cater for all age groups that attend the festivities.

Thank you for mentioning our breakfast selection, we have recently changed our offering, and I am glad that it has been well-received.
Our Jack Shrimpton Bar offers an informal dining experience where you can enjoy our traditional Fresh Fish battered in Rebellion beer in front of a hearty open fire.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Season’s Greetings

#1 of 2 in Chesham
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!