“Dirty room itchy bed”
Review of The Bull Hotel

The Bull Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Started off poorly when greeted by an officious receptionist who insisted on debating my credit card with £50. Even the Savoy in London does not do this.
The room was small and dark. The bedroom was dirty . The ceiling had large cobwebs on it an there was thick dust on the paintwork.
As for the bed it was itchy, uncomfortable and needed renewing.

What more can I say.
When the receptionist was told as I checked out, she merely said that she'd report it.

not a good stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Clive U
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Clive U,

Thank you for your recent feedback and I do apologise we did not live up to the usual excellent standards that the majority of reviewers on TripAdvisor talk about.

I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us.
We do ask guests on arrival if they would wish to leave a deposit to open their room account. If guests do not wish to do so, they are welcome to settle their incidentals at the various centres. I do apologise if this was not made clear upon check-in.

Our Executive Housekeeper has asked to relay her apologies for the condition of your room. We do receive good feedback with regard to the cleanliness of the rooms and she will be conducting further training with her staff.

I am not sure as to how the bed was itchy, but I would like to have the opportunity to further discuss the matter with you. I can be reached directly at kwilson@sarova.com.

We do have five other room categories that offer more space with a contemporary design.

I do hope to hear back from you and be given the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The rooms were pleasantly spacious and clean with no sign of wear and were quite modern with comfortable beds. The hotel itself is quite old with oddly shaped corridors and staircases, which lent quite a bit of charm to the hotel. The hotel is really easy to find being located on a main road to Gerrards Cross with plenty of car parking space located at the front of the hotel.

The breakfast buffet selection was well stocked and varied, although I feel that they really skimped on the quality of the cooked meats as I doubt the sausages actually contained much meat!

With regards to the value I stayed at this hotel for a wedding and had excellent rates. Their standard pricing is reasonable and just edging on being slightly pricey.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank will m

Dear will m,

Thank you for your recent review of The Bull Hotel.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our rates competitive. The hotel celebrated its 325th Birthday this year and still has its traditional charm.

The Bull provides complimentary parking for all guests and has plenty of spaces available. It is also only a 15-minute walk from Gerrards Cross train station, so it can easily be reached by public transport as well.

I am sorry that you were let down by the quality of the cooked meats. I will share your comments with my food and beverage team to improve the quality.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bull Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Went to a function there, food really good but got charged £1.75 for a small glass of soda water from the tap.
Most places do not charge and when questioned was informed we do. As a designated driver quality establishments need to ensure they cater for everybody.
Ruined an enjoyable evening!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ian F

Dear Ian F,

Thank you for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals served while attending a function at our hotel.
As licensed premises we do offer complimentary tap water to all our patrons. I am sorry that wasn't the case for you.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further with me, you can contact me at kwilson@sarova.com.

I do hope we welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed one night to attend a wedding. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable. We just had nacho's as a bar snack - as nacho's go they were brilliant!! Loads of cheese, just spicy enough chilli and perfect salsa!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue G
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had our wedding at the bull and they were brilliant. The service was so good they really made our day easy and we had no worries. The food was amazing the chef even added a special touch on our mango sorbet by putting popping candy on it and we loved it. Out guest really enjoyed themselfs as well and comment how beautiful the bull was and they loved the food as well. If anybody I know wanted to get married I really would recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2013
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Donnasenna,

Congratulations to you both!
Thank you for your kind words and praise. I am so very pleased to hear that you and your guests had a wonderful stay at The Bull Hotel and your special day was a truly memorable one.

I will pass on your comments to all staff members that looked after you.

I do wish you both a wonderful and happy future together.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed for one night. It was a excellent stay. Room was good. Food excellent . Would definitely stay again. On arrival we had a upgrade. From the outside it looks just like a inn but once inside it was a 5 star hotel with large grounds. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear jackielancelles,

Thank you for your positive comments about The Bull Hotel.

I am so pleased to hear you had an excellent stay and you enjoyed your upgraded Club Room. I will pass on your positive feedback to our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the hotel last night booked through secret escapes, we stayed because we were going to a party in the area. Generally very good. Room comfortable and very clean, water wonderfully hot which makes a change! Bath robes a nice touch. All facilities of a good standard. Helpful friendly staff. Breakfast average though , at least they did top up the buffet as soon as something was running out and it seemed as though someone was especially designated to do this job. Coffee hot for a change, but restaurant had a funny atmosphere like a service station cafe. One problem was the bar food on the Saturday afternoon! The order arrived incorrectly and then my chicken wings were off!! Smelled of fish and tasted boiled. Revolting . There was a wedding reception in the bar too so maybe they were just too busy catering for that, not sure, but dealt with well and drinks were given on the house as way of apology ! Would stay again!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Soapylala,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on The Bull Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you found all of our facilities to a good standard and enjoyed our bathrobes.
I am sorry to hear that you found the quality of food served in the Lounge Bar poor, as many of guests really do enjoy the chicken wings, and we do take great care in ensuring that all food served is fresh and prepared to the best standard. I am glad that the staff dealt with the situation in a professional manner.

Should you wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to get into contact with me.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gerrards Cross
Crowne Plaza Marlow
Burnham Beeches Hotel
Burnham Beeches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Burnham

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!