“Lovely Hotel”
Review of The Bull Hotel

The Bull Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed at The Bull Hotel June 15th while attending a family wedding. The wedding room was nicely decorated and the staff very efficient. The food at the wedding breakfast was lovely and well presented.The evening reception was well laid out and after a few beers the sausage and bacon rolls for the buffet really hit the spot ! We had booked into an executive room which was well furnished and spotlessly clean. The Hotel had laid on a private room for breakfast for the wedding party which was a nice touch. The breakfast choice was very good, fruit and cereals to the full English. The only downside was the toaster which only toasted one side of the bread but it didn't spoil a thing. All in all a lovely wedding in a picturesque venue. Would stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Orville_8,

I am delighted that you had a lovely visit at The Bull Hotel and I will pass all your positive comments to our team.

Thank you for your observation regarding the toaster. This has now been checked and a new one is on order.

There are newer reviews for The Bull Hotel

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had two nights at the Bull and found it to be very comfortable and the staff to be very helpful. The large bed was super comfortable and the room was generally of a very high standard. It is very conveniently situated for many attractions and Gerrard's Cross itself with its common right opposite the hotel was a delight to walk around. My wife and I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear ab595,

Thank you very much for taking the time to upload this lovely review of The Bull Hotel, and for giving us a perfect score.

I am very happy you had a comfortable two night stay and found our staff very helpful. I have passed on your comments to our team, who were really pleased too.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for another comfortable break.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Friendly helpful staff especially Alex on reception. Comfortable quiet room (103) with pleasant garden view and large opening windows. Only one problem, the bed legs were broken which my husband and I did not discover until late on the evening when we arrived back after being out. Propped the bed up and managed. Reported it on check out. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice. Ideal place to stay if visiting London. Booked room through Expedia and got excellent rate including breakfast. Large free safe car park.

Room Tip: 103 very quiet room with large opening windows overlooking back beautiful gardens.

Dear Julie081,

Thank you for your lovely review of The Bull Hotel and I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I was sorry to learn about the bed and have already been informed that my maintenance team has addressed the issue.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Had 1 night stay at the Bull Hotel on the way to Heathrow Airport from the Midlands. It's a lovely looking hotel on the outside and a really impressive first impression when you walk through the door. Met by friendly staff on the reception desk and this was always the way throughout the experience, from the ladies cleaning the rooms to everyone working behind the bar and in the breakfast restaurant. The rooms are a good size and clean... and the beds... wow! Huge double bed... which is always a bonus. The only negative comment I had was that the room was absolutely scorching hot - maybe I should have looked harder for how to turn off the radiators, but it was unbearable at times. The location of the hotel is a nice 10 mins walk or so in to Gerrards Cross where there are some really nice bars and restaurants. So all in all a great time and would certainly visit again in the future.

Room Tip: Work out how to turn the heating down when you get to your room!
1  Thank Danonthebeach
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Danonthebeach,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of The Bull Hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us.

I have noted your comment about the heat in your bedroom and will remind the housekeeping team to turn the radiators down after guests depart to our agreed level.

I hope to see you again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed six nights at The Bull while attending a wedding in Gerrards Cross. We could not have been happier with our accommodations. The room was very nice and larger than I had been told to expect however we did book the Superior or the Executive level which I would encourage you to do as well. The staff was very helpful and the food was very nice. The place is very old in a historical sense with wonderful upgrades that make the experience even more grand. It is convenient to the main town area of Gerrards Cross including the train station which provides easy access into London. All in all a great stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Justaguy97420,

Thank you so much for your recommendation and your lovely review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your six night visit with us here at The Bull and Gerrards Cross too.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Only stayed one night here in one of the executive suites overlooking the extremely pretty and very well maintained gardens.
The room was spotless as you might imagine and really nicely decorated.
fresh fruit was waiting for us in the room as we arrived along with the usual tea/coffee etc.
The bathroom was fantastic, spotless again, and included a jacuzzi bath, shower, and twin basins.
The bed while quite tall was fantastically comfortable, One of the best nights sleep I've had in ages.
The Hotel itself is really nicely laid out with 2 bars and a very nice restaurant which served us the most delicious steak.
The gardens are quite stunning, and really should be seen in person.
I would not hesitate to stay here again. Honestly could not fault the place, the staff all worked really hard to make our short stay enjoyable.

Dear awiserbud,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this excellent review of The Bull Hotel.

It was lovely to read how all the staff worked very hard to make your stay enjoyable and I am sure they will be over the moon when they see your review.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for two nights from 31st May with my wife and teenage son. I really enjoyed our stay - the bedroom was spacious and the bed very comfortable. In contrast to what other reviewers had written, the bathroom was lovely! Staff were always very friendly and helpful (we were attending a communion celebration in the hotel). We ate in the hotel restaurant on the Friday night and the food really was very good. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear kward69,

Thank you for your positive review of The Bull Hotel and for giving us a perfect score.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your 2 night break with us and found the room comfortable and the service friendly.
Our Beeches restaurant has been awarded an AA Rosette, and I am very happy you enjoyed your dinner.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gerrards Cross
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!