“regular stays at The Bull, Gerrards Cross”
Review of The Bull Hotel

The Bull Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been staying at The Bull over the last 18 months since our son started University in High wycombe. The hotel has character, the superior and executive rooms are lovely and very comfortable.
We find the hotel a very relaxing and friendly environment to be in, a lovely atmosphere, the staff are very friendly and attentive.
The evening meal and breakfasts are lovely, we would not hesitate to recommend anyone staying here.

Room Tip: most superior rooms are on the back of the hotel, all very nice but if there is a wedding/ party, th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Sarovahotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Thepottsfamily,

I am delighted that you have been enjoying your visits with us here at The Bull over the last 18 months.
I hope your son is enjoying university and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for The Bull Hotel

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Battlebus is the name adopted by our rugby club for its past players trips. We have been using The Bull for over 25 years on an annual basis as a two night stopover when we go to an England match at Twickenham. It's a very comfortable and well appointed place. The beds are super. The bedrooms are always tidied well. Good TV's. Safes and tea and coffee. Pleasant staff. Good parking. Comfortable lounges. Only downside, the beer, standard beers, lager and Guinness OK. Real ale is typically Southern, no body , limp and lifeless. We will be going again.

Room Tip: Ask for one close to reception, otherwise it can be a hike.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Chris D.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on The Bull Hotel.
I’m sure you will have seen a number of changes over the last 25 years as we strive to better both the physical product and the service levels.
The next time you visit us, you must come along to the Jack Shrimpton Bar and try out some of the local beers we have introduced. The Marlow Brewery provide us with ‘Rebellion Ale’ and various others and The Windsor & Eton Brewery supply a very popular ‘Guardsman’.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here one night for business reasons.

The hotel does have a very nice cosy feel to it and made me feel very relaxed.

My room was very big with the biggest bed ever, which was 2 singles put together, didn't bother me tho as I was on my own.

The rooms are well equipped with flat screen tv, tea/coffe facilities, and a nice big bathroom.

The restaurant food was fantastic, best i've had in a while, the meat was so tender. brilliant and the restaurant staff very nice (even brought me more gravy for my yorkshire pud, thank you!)

I didn't experience breakfast as I got up at 6:30a.m and breakfast didn't start til 8:a.m on a saturday, as I had to drive over 2 hours home I really didn't want to have to hang around for over an hour to get breakfast delaying my journey on the motorways.
Shame the hotel doesn't start this earlier so people who have to travel far can eat and go.

I enjoyed my stay but my only gripes were:

The shower was not very hot, just warm, I like my water very hot.
I spent most of my shower fighting off the curtain that kept sticking to me.

The duvet on the bed was more of a summer duvet,
As I was cold in bed I put the blanket from the room on the bed folded in half so it was doubled over, this still wasn't keeping me warm so I rang reception to ask them to bring me another blanket. As it was quite late and I was sort of drifting off, I asked them to tell the staff to knock on the door once, I would know it was there and leave it outside for me to collect. I don't think the guy on reception was listening to me (he was rushing on the phone as if he wanted to get rid of me) as 10 minutes later, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock,knock. So I got up opened the door and took it off the guy. Folded this in half so by now I had 4 times folded blankets and a thin duvet, plus the radiator up full blast! It is February and snowing!

Maybe a suggestion.....higher tog duvets in winter/lower tog in summer.

I will reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the area as it is very nice, clean and homely and has a lovely atmosphere................and amazing food!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear tuscan 159,

I am glad that you found the food ‘fantastic’ and that you enjoyed your visit with us.
I was sorry to learn that the breakfast time didn’t work for you on the Saturday. We would be very happy to arrange continental breakfast and even prepare a take away coffee if you need to leave early on a future visit.
If you are able to let me have your contact details we will also add onto your profile that you prefer a high tog duvet.
I hope I welcome you back soon at The Bull Hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last weekend and have to say it was well up to scratch.
The rooms were clean and the staff polite and helpful.
However, the in house food was amazing! well presented, tasty and cost effective.
What can I say but a joy to stay and recommend.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back so very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank asil592
Sarovahotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear asil592,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about The Bull Hotel.
I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have passed on your positive comments to our team, who was really pleased as well.
We hope we will welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

clean and modern everything you need, was overcharged on drinks bill which I didnt notice when I left as was in a rush so wasn't too happy about that, should have checked it more closely. Friendly bar staff and was delighted to find most of them were British

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear frequent_travell0r,

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit with us.
I have passed on your positive comments to the bar team who were delighted.
If we have not had the opportunity to rectify the over charge, please do let me know and I will be happy to assist.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Overall an excellent Hotel with just a few niggles,
we stayed at this Hotel on a sat night and thought being a wknd would be very busy but to our surprise for a sat night it wasnt.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming we had a light lunch in the front locals bar unfortunately the barman didnt know what Granary bread was when we asked what sort of bread came with our lunch,however it was still very nice and the beef was plentiful and excellent!
I had paid a little extra to upgrade to a Superior room and was not happy at all as the heat in the bathroom was not working and was told it was the same with all the roooms down that row also the grab rail fixing in the bathroom was covered in rust! So i phoned reception and asked for another room.
The next room we were shown wasnt much better as the heating in the bedroom was supplied via the Aircon and even on the lowest setting would have kept us awake, so i told the manageress i was not happy and would look for another Hotel as there was plenty within the area so on hearing this she then came up with another room within 30 mins as the Hotel was not full and fortunately this turned out to be excellent!
We ate in the restaurant that evening and the food and service was spot on so all was not lost after the problem of getting a decent room.
My partner and i would both stay there again as it was very nice and an excellent location too.

Room Tip: Be selective on the type of room you choose.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kingfisherblue

Dear kingfisherblue,

Thank you for your recent review and I am very pleased that you had an excellent visit with us.
I have already passed on your thanks to the chef and food & beverage team.
I am also pleased that you enjoyed your bedroom after the initial maintenance issue. I can confirm this has now been resolved and the hand rail replaced.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here whilst visiting friends, and found it hard to find a room big enough for a family of 4 so were pleased to discover the Bull. The room was very comfortable, clean, spacious & we had plenty of space for multiple suitcases & a portacot whilst also having the sofa bed up. Sofa bed was ok for a smaller child but I don't think I would like to sleep on it as an adult - mattress very thin. Great to have a Bath as well as a shower for the children to use. Staff were friendly & helpful. Breakfast had a good selection. Food at the bar tasty too. We would stay again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Zogglet

Dear Michelle V,

It is great to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the room, restaurant and bar.
As you indicate, we would only ever use the sofa beds for young children. However, we do have some interconnecting rooms for families with older children too.
I hope we welcome you back to The Bull Hotel next time you visit the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gerrards Cross
#1 of 2 in Chesham
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!