“First Class Italian Restaurant!”
Review of Di Paolo

Di Paolo
Cuisines: Contemporary, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Di Paolo restaurant located in the heart of Gerrards Cross, serving authentic home-made Italian food. With 36 years of experience in the industry, Di Paolo offers an exquisite menu with the finest ingredients. Our Function Room is available without additional change and can accommodate up to 32 dining guests, frequently used for Birthdays, Christenings, Weddings, Business Events, Social gatherings and Black Tie Dinners amongst many other occasions. Please signup to our newsletter to receive Di Paolo updates, special offers and new menus made by Paolo.
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“First Class Italian Restaurant!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A very nice setting, the interior decor is very tasteful, a good variety of Italian food, and the owner and most of the staff are actually Italian. I happen to know the owner and his wife. He is the chef and is very hard working. The whole team will do anything they can do to make this a unique dining experience! Totally recommend it. It is fantastic, to have such a good unique Italian Restaurant in Gerrards Cross!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Eve S

• Polish first
Gerrards Cross
“Actually the grass can be greener your side”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We visited DiPaulo for the first time on Saturday night. I spent most of the evening trying to work out why I hadn't gone before! Great atmosphere, very nice dining room. Good quality, tasty, Italian food. Good reasonable priced wines. If you live in or near GX don't waste your time driving somewhere else. If you want Italian go to DiPaulo.

The bar looked nice- I'm going back to try that next!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank DGXW
Bucks
“Not convinced yet,need to try again.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Smiling,warm welcome.menus delivered quickly. The specials were explained clearly but as usual no prices quoted. The menus are a little tired looking which suggests that it is not updated very often,which is a shame as the selection is ok but not exciting. I started with goats cheese and smoked salmon,a combination that did not work for me nor my daughter. The risotto and linguine starters were liked. My mains of good old reliable liver was excellent with some of the best zucchini I have had for ages. Everyone enjoyed the meal. The place was too hot and no sign of air conditioning. Wine list ok,a good basic selection but not cheap.
Overall felt this place relies on returning customers who like what they get. It has a cosy old fashioned basic feel. It could be a lot better with a fresher and changing menu. Will I return,yes,as a back up restaurant if others are booked

Visited May 2013
3 Thank ChilternRugby
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Superb value fine Italian dining”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our first but definitely not our last visit. The food, service and ambience were all top class and the welcome was genuinely friendly - very relaxing. House white wine was a little gem.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank n s
South East England
“A modern Italian with great service & fantastic food”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Despite living only 6 miles away from Gerrards Cross, this was our first venture to eat there. We were not sure where to eat so after seeking trip advisor advice we plumped for DiPaolo and were not disappointed. On arrival the waiter greeted us warmly, took our coats and sat us down. Menus and the wine list were swiftly offered. We ordered wine & water, however as we were with friends we had not seen for a while we were busy catching up rather than looking at the menu. The waiter was extremely patient and did not rush us to order. A range of starter and mains on the specials menu were presented in detail. I liked the fact there was a choice of a set menu or standard menu, both of which sounded very appetising. We opted for the standard menu, which had a good choice. I liked the fact we were in an Italian but the chef obviously has taste and talent as the choices were not just pasta in different forms with a choice of cream or tomato sauce. I opted for Cozze Alla Contadina, steamed mussels with tomato, white wine, garlic, canellini beans and chilli. This was divine. A great size portion, full of flavour and for mussel lovers all the shells were open, a good sign. There was a slight punch of chilli through but not too strong, well balanced flavours. My husband opted for Asparagi Con Pancetta Tirolese, asparagus with ham, rocket & tomato salad and chilli pecorino cheese. A big thumbs up and a clean plate said this was fantastic. For mains I ordered Tortellacci Con Salmone E Gamberi, salmon and prawn tortelloni with pesto sauce. This was amazing, great presentation and attention the detail. The pasta was thinly rolled so the dish was not too heavy and the filling was a generous portion without being too much. This dish also came in a smaller portion, however the larger one is not too much, just fine as a main. Hubby went for Petto Di Pollo Farcito Con Pinoli, corn fed chicken with roasted pancetta in a cranberry marinate with port and sauté potatoes, carrots and green beans. A wonderfully flavoured dish, presented well and again the portion size was just right. During our meal the staff were attentive but not over kill, and very friendly. The dessert menu was tempting but we refrained, coffees and liquors were offered too. During the meal bottled or tap water was also available. All in all as our first choice in Gerrards Cross I am extremely happy we chose here, I would highly recommend DiPaolo and will definitely return, hopefully soon.

• Visited April 2013