“Your local Italian heaven”
Review of Di Paolo

Di Paolo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Di Paolo restaurant located in the heart of Gerrards Cross, serving authentic home-made Italian food. With 40 years of experience in the industry, Di Paolo offers an exquisite menu with the finest ingredients. Our Function Room is available without additional change and can accommodate up to 32 dining guests, frequently used for Birthdays, Christenings, Weddings, Business Events, Social gatherings and Black Tie Dinners amongst many other occasions. Please signup to our newsletter to receive Di Paolo updates, special offers and new menus made by Paolo.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We turned up to a full restaurant on a Saturday night without a reservation and were accommodated without fuss when a table for two was created for us. My grilled calamari starter was perfectly prepared and imaginatively presented and my partners mozzarella salad was likewise. Both were enjoyed immensely. My lasagna main was light and full of flavour and enjoyable to the last morsel. My partners peppardelle pasta with wild rabbit sauce was delicately flavoured and well balanced. The service throughout was attentive and professional with the owner in attendance. The bill was very reasonable for this part of the world. An immensely enjoyable evening in a local gem. We would hope to become 'regulars'

5  Thank michaelmullineux

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Always freshly prepared, wonderful food, very friendly and attentive staff, never disappointed! On our last visit, to celebrate a birthday, the staff presented a dessert with candle to the birthday girl, even though we hadn't asked for one! A lovely touch! And pretty typical of the service that we have received in the past, nothing seems to be too much trouble!

Would highly recommend to anyone.

3  Thank badentaylor
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We went for a romantic meal, the place is nice with friendly attentive staff. Both of us are quite picky with our food and we loved everything we tried. The best fresh bread we have tasted, better than any other restaurant including Italy. I am a vegetarian and it was nice to have non standard veggie options and a variety to choose from at a reasonable price. In many places vegetarians seem like an after thought but not here. The presentation of the dishes is lovely. Would defiantly recommend this place and am looking forward to going back :)

3  Thank Classy_Chica
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had guests coming from Rome and we wanted to impress them with Italian cuisine in UK!! I booked a table for 11 last night and we arrived there to find a big table very nicely set up with very elegant glassware, tablecloth, cutlery and grand candles in a warm atmosphere with light music. The staff and the restaurant manager were very welcoming and helpful. The food was really nice, from the starters, to sides and main courses, very carefully prepared, most of us had steak which was really succulent and full of flavour.. The plates were very nicely presented and decorated and most important taste amazing!! The manager stood beside the table to watch the waiters putting each plate in place and to make sure we are happy and satisfied. The plates were removed completely empty and everyone enjoyed the meal very much. We finished this amazing night by the most delicious ice cream I ever tasted, and Tiramisu prepared by their chef and cappuccino of a very high standard. All over it was really nice and we will definitely go there again. I would recommend this place if you want to spend an amazing evening with delicious food. Thank you to everyone who made our night AMAMZING !!!!

2  Thank Vina A
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We visited di paulo on this month , we had driven past it many times but never tried it , I was impressed with the style and decor of the restaurant , not your usual basic Italian with plain furnishings and decoration , my partner ordered the fish soup special starter and duck breast main , which I tried and were both delicious , the soup had clams mussels and big flakes of haddock !! Excellent , along with the duck with spinach and chilli ! My starter I ordered snails in garlic butter which was good also , and presentation of all dishes superb , served in modern dishes and plates ,I was a little dissa pointed with my main , it was fillet medallions with garlic rosemary potatoes , and fried runner beans , it was ok but just a little bland and under seasoned , and the jus/sauce was very thin and watery ! Other than that a enjoyable evening lovely bottle of red wine , and waiters/waitresses friendly polite and good knowledge the dishes , will return but not straight away ,give it a try though , maybe I'm just very fussy !

2  Thank tom t