“Lunch with friends”
Review of The Three Oaks

The Three Oaks
Reserve with OpenTable
The Three Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bridging the gap between country inn & local restaurant, this substantial brick & timber hostelry is a handy addition to the drinking & dining scene in this gentrified part of the Chilterns. The Three Oaks is an independent and contemporary 'Gastro Pub' where the kitchen & service sets out to please winning many Awards for their efforts. The Lunch set menu offer's excellent value (£15/19 for two/three courses at lunch and dinner) running alongside the fabulous A la Carte menu and there is a Steak Club every Monday night which is not to be missed. The Sunday Roast has also been voted in the Uk's Top 50! There's also plenty of good drinking on the Corney & Barrow wine list (look for Guy de Chassey Champagne, Archaval-Ferrer Malbec, & Michiel Eradus Pinot Noir from New Zealand) alongside local Rebellion ales on tap.
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Once again we visited with friends for lunch and once again they were impressed and so were we. We were greeted by the very friendly front of house staff and the service and food lived up to its normal excellent standard. My wife's starter of tomato salad was exceptional and I will struggle to enjoy anything more than my crab on toast. We all chose the sea bream and this matched the quality and taste of the starters.
We will be back again soon

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank gorwbbr

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Fantastic food, great service and all at an acceptable price. This really is a really great restaurant that offers a brilliant dining experience.
We went as a family of six, to celebrate a milestone birthday and nothing disappointed us. From the service and drinks in the bar to the restaurant. It really is a fantastic venue.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank john w
Reviewed July 27, 2018

I have been coming here for about a year and have never been let down! The food and service are exceptional for this style restaurant. Good food, different locally sourced ingredients and all for a great price. Average cost of my bill for two people 2 courses and a few drinks is roughly £75.
We have just booked this over a fancy restaurant in London for our anniversary!
5* in my opinion.

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank HollyAlexandra
Reviewed July 26, 2018

Every time I come to the Three Oaks, I am never disappointed! The food is word class & service is always perfect!

Sunday roasts are delicious, I LOVE the granola they put on it! The Yorkshire puddings that come with it are huge and you can tell that everything is made from scratch.

Wesley (the manager) is brilliant, it is always refreshing to go to a restaurant where the manager can help with you anything. He is clearly passionate about his job & it is reflected in the service and knowledge he has!

Follow them on Instagram, you will always get food envy!

I couldn't recommend the Three Oaks any more. 10/10 :)

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Booked a brithday meal here for me and my friends. The setting was lovely, we had our drinks outside and then made our way inside for the meal. Our waiter ed was knowledgeable and very attentive to us throughout our evening. The food was beautifully presented and tasted equally good. We will be back soon for the food and the service!

Date of visit: June 2018