“Birthday Meal”
Review of The Three Oaks

The Three Oaks
Reserve with OpenTable
The Three Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bridging the gap between country inn & local restaurant, this substantial brick & timber hostelry is a handy addition to the drinking & dining scene in this gentrified part of the Chilterns. The Three Oaks is an independent and contemporary 'Gastro Pub' where the kitchen & service sets out to please winning many Awards for their efforts. The Lunch set menu offer's excellent value (£15/19 for two/three courses at lunch and dinner) running alongside the fabulous A la Carte menu and there is a Steak Club every Monday night which is not to be missed. The Sunday Roast has also been voted in the Uk's Top 50! There's also plenty of good drinking on the Corney & Barrow wine list (look for Guy de Chassey Champagne, Archaval-Ferrer Malbec, & Michiel Eradus Pinot Noir from New Zealand) alongside local Rebellion ales on tap.
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Superb experience and food. Staff very helpful and accommodating. Very pleasant afternoon and birthday meal had. Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

Went for Sunday lunch on my birthday as we know this restaurant very well. I think it was probably the best Sunday lunch I have had in a restaurant for years. The service was good, friendly but not obtrusive. My roast beef was fabulous, the vegetables beautifully "al dente", the roast potatoes crispy with a fluffy core. The staff also presented me with a Happy Birthday dish. A lovely way to celebrate; and my 2 year old granddaughter was made very welcome too

Reviewed November 7, 2017

After emailing to reserve a booking, we arrived the following week on a Sunday. The weather was great so opted to sit outside.

The waitress was really helpful, and gave advice on the best dishes etc. We opted for bread to start and Pork Belly / Chicken Roast Dinner.

The presentation was a real high standard, and greater than I expected actually - I wouldn't say this was typical 'pub food' it was refined, and a real treat.

We were offered dessert, and being greedy we both got the treacle pudding. Amazing.

I'm not often around GX but if I ever am in the future I hope I can eat here again!

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

So after having an average roast here a few weeks back with my family my friends wanted to go as reviews were so good they thought I just went on a bad day previously. So I had the braised beef starter which was absolutely delicious!! My friends had the Cornish crab which was also excellent, we all went for the roast dinner which I have to say was much better than my last visit! Personally still not a massive fan of the deep fried roast potatoes, both visits they’ve been like a deep fried crusty balls not great. However the staff brilliant as always an we all had a great afternoon at the 3 oaks, have noticed a lot of the top reviews are customers visiting for steak night so may have to try that, also noticed a lot of customers got other dishes apart from the roast, but it was a Sunday so I had to go for the roast! Would still highly recommend the 3oaks just wish they would change them potatoes for nice fluffy crispy potatoes rather than hard small deep fried balls they palm off as potatoes, anyhow would definitely return in the near future to try different dishes as the place is great the staff are great an I’m sure other dishes are excellent too hence the great reviews but in complete honesty you can find a better roast elsewhere, if they changed them potatoes it would definitely be a top contender!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We ate here with family for Saturday dinner. Had a wonderful meal. Nicely balanced very tasty and professionally served. The food was really hot and the waiter knew who had ordered what without asking as he served us. I had the vegetarian option of roasted squash with a savoury granola and burrata cheese. It was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the staff were friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant. The one thing I didn't like was the addition of peanut butter to a bread and butter pudding. It didn't seem quite right somehow. Maybe that's because I'm from the north of England!