Villiers Hotel
The White Hart(Buckingham)
Milton Keynes Hotel(Deanshanger)
Whittlebury Hall(Towcester)
View Hotel
De Vere Horwood Estate(Little Horwood)
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Cock Hotel(Milton Keynes)
View Hotel
All reviewsbletchley parknight breakincluded ticketswindow seatold town halllovely hotelstowe gardensa la carte menugood sizelounge areacar parkmarket townshort breakroom was largelovely foodexcellent stayold coaching inn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2014

3rd stay at the Villiers and although we enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, would agree that the decor is VERY tired. Bathrooms have mouldy sealant, very average showers and large stains on furniture and on our previous visit noticed a lot of dust in corners. Breakfast was ok - though for some reason the waitress placed us in a cramped corner despite there being only 2 other occupied tables. She also neglected to remove our cereal bowls and expected us to move them ourselves when she brought our cooked breakfast - without the toast we had ordered so we had to ask again! These are wrinkles which really need ironing out!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Cookieinthecorner
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my wife & our 14 month old son.
We received a buyagift.com voucher for a one night stay in hotel of our choice.
To be frank the other options looked awful according to reviews.
This was by far the best & quite local but I didn't hold out a lot of hope.
So we were pleasantly surprised to find the Villiers was so good.
The staff were friendly, efficient.
Our room was spacious ,clean & comfortable.
Dinner was expensive but (as a chef I have to say) well worth it.
Breakfast was also faultless.
Overall I would recommend the Villiers to anyone.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend having booked the 'Bletchley Park' deal which included tickets to visit there. On arrival we were welcomed by the friendly reception staff and given wifi codes for our appliances. Our room was spacious and clean with tea/coffee, trouser press, hairdryer etc. The bathroom was a little tired looking but was spotlessly clean. Each evening we had a drink in the bar before going to dinner in the hotel restaurant, the bar man was friendly and efficient, the bar had a nice atmosphere and there were a few tables outside in the courtyard area. The restaurant staff were professional and friendly and the food was of a very good standard, both tasty and well presented. We would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2014

It was my second visit to the Villiers, on the previous occasion a few years ago I could not make up my mind what I thought so did not write a review but after this one my thoughts were crystalised.

The hotel is very expensive though the rates vary considerably. Reception was pleasant and helpful, the room was large with plenty of room to walk around and the public areas are nicely appointed. The decor is rather tired in places with scuff maks on walls and doors, the bathroom had a floor which one reviewer said reminded them of a hospital bathroom and I agree, the grouting and sealant in the bathroom was in need of a good clean in a few places, the shower head was loose and would not stay in place. The room was hot and I had quite an uncomfortable night. I woke up wanting my morning caffeine fix and realised that there was no coffee so had to go to reception and then there was only decaffeinated avaialable.

I ate in the restaurant which was very smartly laid out. I asked if it was possible to have a starter off one menu and main course off another (partly as one vegetarian choice was not available), I was told they would check and did not realise it was OK until just before the first course arrived I was not advised either that it would cost me more even though one item was from the cheaper menu - I found this out when I got the bill. The food was good and nicely presented, but the portions very modest. Service was very slow, I waited about 15-20 minutes for my soup starter and half an hour for my main course even though there were just two other tables occupied, one with a group and one with a couple.

I agree a lot with the comments of the reviewer Victoria P particularly the point that the hotel doesn't deliver attention to detail which should be provided at the price charged.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
MrsRBuckinhamshire, General Manager at Villiers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

I thank you for your Trip Advisor Review and feedback in response to a recent stay and after you had read a previous reviewers constructive feedback. Our room rates are based on availability therefore if the demand for accommodation is high the rates will reflect this. I have noted the points you have made regarding the Housekeeping and Restaurant and will be discussing your Review with the relevant teams. I offer my sincere apologies for us not having met with your expectations on this occasion.

Jean Rush

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Treating my wife to a weekend away I decided to book us into a hotel called Villiers in the market town of Buckingham. Having never been to Buckingham we were both unsure what to expect however we hadn't heard any negative press about the place so we went there open minded. I must say we were far from disappointed. It is a lovely little market town with some really quirky boutique style shop, plenty of pubs and restaurants and extremely picturesque.

After a day around the town we finally returned to Villiers for a few more drinks and some food in the restaurant to which we could not have had a better experience. The food was fantastic and service was 2nd to none. After our meal we fancied a couple of night caps in the bar where we were extremely well looked after by a young barman called Robert, it was the icing on the cake! We can't wait to return! !! I will recommend this place to all my friends fancying a weekend away.

• Stayed: August 2014