“Good Value for Money”

Best Western Buckingham Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Buckingham
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here twice in March this year. Went for a quiet break away.
First time, we were allocated a room with an interconnecting door, which I was not too pleased about, as lots of adjoining rooms also occupied. The bed was also not as per website pictures... it was teeny for a double! I Asked at reception to be moved, and they were really helpful. Changed our room with no quibbles at all. Much nicer room given, no inconnecting door! and a massive double bed (2 x 3ft zip-links!). The reception staff were all really nice & chatty... can't fault front of house at all :)
Breakfast was plentiful... a self serve affair, but all nice and freshly cooked. Again, pleasant staff in restaurant/bar.
I spent a nice relaxing half hour in the leisure club Jacuzzi & sauna... a nice addition to the hotel, and all clean & tidy throughout.
Our stay, which was bed & breakfast, was very good value for money. I had booked directly with Best Western & secured a very good rate, both times we stayed.
Any minus points?? Well, a few minor points, but nothing major...
*Our room smelled a little of chlorine, as it was above the pool.. but not a problem.
*It would be even better if the breakfast times were more flexible... that is, going on a little later, for those of us who didn't need to get up early!
*And the hotel entrance is 'peculiar'!! Not terribly obvious where the entrance is on first arriving in car park. We saw several people walking round the back of the hotel, confused!! So entrance steps could be better signed & more welcoming I suppose.
*Bar menu was very limited and didn't appeal to us at all, and drinks were on the pricey side in the bar.
Certainly nothing bad enough to stop me staying again. I am sure we will definitely stay again at some point :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hello..overnight stay.tried to get breakfast in my room which was nightmare as was ridiculous charge wld b applied...dcided to go downstairs where judie was restaurant waitresd...sooooo pleasabt n welcoming and gave me new outlook..lovely breakfast with loaded buffet..rooms clean n large n vry peaceful nights sleep. Good value n location for intended purpose. Judie is a gem to this Hotel!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed in the Best Western in Buckingham for three nights on a work trip. The foyer as you enter is very impressive with an adjoining restaurant serving a variety of culinary options. The food here is very good and was satisfied with the service. The booking included free use of the gym and pool which is always a welcome bonus. The facilities here were great and the very staff helpful. I was however a little disappointed with the room for a hotel that expected a lot. The room itself was a little dated, the decor was akin to something I would expect from a Yarmouth B&B and the bed slightly uncomfortable, lacking firmness but that's just a personal preference. On the whole, I would recommend it for a short stay and as a stickler for good service, I thought the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GuestSer, Business Manager at Best Western Buckingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we do appreciate the feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant and the menu options on offer and that you made use of our complimentary Leisure Club. I have noted the comments you made about the decor and comfort of the room and shall pass these on to the appropriate department. I do hope we can welcome you back to The Buckingham Hotel soon. Best Regards - The Management Team

Reviewed June 9, 2013

What a fab hotel, completely exceeded our expectations: modern comfortable interiors, staff excellent all round, large room, lovely spa with the hottest jacuzzi I've ever had, family friendly, delicious breakfast with strong hot coffee on tap, delicious food and reasonably priced menu! Lovely riverside walk into Buckingham, fab old market town. We had a wonderful family weekend, so glad we didn't let the ring road location put us off, from every window we could only see trees! Definitely coming back!

• Stayed: June 2013
GuestSer, Business Manager at Best Western Buckingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us & I am delighted that you had such a great stay. Please do check in again when you are next in the area, it would be lovely to welcome you back. Best Regards - The Management Team

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for a few hours sleep after my sons wedding outside of Buckingham. Large comfortable room with big bed.

Nice clean place and good value. My only complaint is the bathroom looked a bit tired and the shower didn't work too well.

Also has a pool and fitness centre.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Buckingham Hotel and made use of our Leisure Club, I hope you enjoyed the pool & spa. Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your comments, which I have noted. We would love to welcome you back when you are next in the area. I hope to see you soon. Best Regards

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

A good quality hotel with a very spacious, comfortable room. A nice swimming pool and enjoyable breakfast. Only problem encountered was the number of steps as we have a baby in a pram - and there are no lifts. But the staff were very helpful offering to assist with carrying the pram up & down the stairs. There is a side entrance to the hotel on reception level if you ask, and there are ground floor bedrooms. We will remember for next time, make sure you specify when booking, if stairs are an issue. This was a minor issue for us, we were still very pleased overall.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. As you have noticed we do have a number of steps to the main door of the hotel due to our location, but we will always ensure that staff are on hand to help guests when necessary. We would love to welcome you back when you are next in the area & we do hope to see you and your family again soon. Best Regards

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here on the way to our holiday and again on the way back. On both occasions we were given a warm welcome . The rooms were spacious and clean and the beds very comfortable. Although we were at the front of the hotel , we were not disturbed by any traffic noise. The food and service were both excellent and the swimming pool was just the right temperature. Only complaint is that the bar prices were rather high !

Room Tip: We had a room facing the road and had no problem.