“Good Food - Painfully Slow Service”

The Fireside Brasserie
Ranked #37 of 56 Restaurants in Buckingham
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Food was good and geat value for money but the service was dreadfully slow. Staff training on a Saturday lunch time so only two staff members working.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been a patron if fireside for many years and have never been disappointed. The food is fresh and homemade something which is rare these days. I highly recommend a sausage and bacon baguette!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is nice. Food is fresh and tasty but a bit on the slow side.

The garlic bread is gorgeous. A whole baguette with fresh garlic and a nice golden toast.
The latte was good too.

Can't really pop in for a "quick" lunch but worth stopping by.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

While staying in Buckingham for a wedding, my husband and I visited this cafe twice, on a recommendation from someone in the street when we were looking for breakfast on our first morning. The breakfast menu is huge with sections for american, english and eggs. The drinks menu is also absolutely amazing with loads of fancy hot chocolates, coffees, milkshakes, smoothies etc. Everything appears to be made freshly so on our second visit there was a bit of a wait but the food was very nice and they were happy to adapt the vegetarian breakfast for me. If I return to Buckingham I would definitely visit again for breakfast, drinks, lunch or dinner!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Visited The Fireside Brasserie today (9 July 2013) whilst in Buckingham and wasn't disappointed. They seemed a bit short on Staff so the service may not have been that quick for some people, but as we were sitting outside in the sunshine we didn't mind! Great variety on the menu and good value. My son had the Mexican Burger which came with chunky chips, and he said was "really nice". High praise from a 16 year old! I had the Philly Cheese Steak Baguette, which was yummy and also came with skinny fries. The choice of drinks is very good, not your standard fizzy pop selection. All in all pretty good value and I would recommend a lunch time visit.