“A Reliable Chinese Restaurant”
Review of Chengdu

Chengdu
Ranked #22 of 59 Restaurants in Buckingham
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My title makes the Chengdu restaurant look somehow boring, so lets clear that up, its not.

At Chengdu the owners & staff provide a good well considered menu, combined with good service, at sensible prices.
In a town where service and food quality can be very varied it is really nice to know there is one restaurant where you can rely on everything being good

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is the second time we have visited our daughter in Buckingham and both times we have had a very good take away from this restaurant. Really recommend if you are in the area.

1  Thank PhilB505
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The best Chinese for miles, not the biggest but always a good atmosphere and the Menu is very interesting. Good service, you pay a little more - but its worth the money.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just passing by for a few days and after asking a few locals and hotel staff where they would recommend to eat... They said the Cheng Du!

Glad I had a chance to eat their food. This place is as good as London Chinatown.
Grandma Tofu is one of my favourite dishes an it's amazing here. I also had blackbean eggplant and sweet and sour fish fillet. I read the previous review and dishes like these don't come microwaved! What a joke. They shouldn't comment if they don't know what fresh food tastes like.

I would definitely recommend this place. With a happy belly and smiles all round. Waiting staff are cheerful and polite. Someone even rushed to open the door for me on the way out. What lovely service.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Have not been to Cheng Du for a while and stopped by tonight with the children as we were passing on our way back from MK. Absolutely gobsmacked at the extortionate prices of the main dishes which do not include rice/noodles. Food nowhere near as good as it used to be and definitely microwaved as our dishes started to arrive on the table within 4 minutes of ordering and I gave myself a bad burn when some sauce spilt onto my hand. Portions so small that we all came away still hungry. Staff miserable looking. This restaurant used to be so good. We will never go back again. Can only assume it is under new management.

1  Thank Bettyschild3