“Not sure what the fuss is about!”

Basmati Indian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Beaconsfield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We hope to take you on a culinary journey of the Indian subcontinent. You are invited to explore the many regional styles of cooking that India has to offer. From Tamil Nadu in the south to Delhi and Punjab in the north, from Goa and Kerala on the western coast to Hyderabad and Calcutta in central and eastern India, Dhaka - historical capital city of Bangladesh and other parts of this curry loving country, discover the hidden flavors and aromas of individually prepared dishes from these regions. We really do hope to elevate your taste buds to a spiritual level.For most Indian households, food is closely associated with many customs and beliefs, all of which form an inherent part of upbringing. 'Basmati' is about a journey, to discover, to explore and to experience. It is about spirituality and actions.'We do not sell fast food...... We serve fresh cooked food as fast as possible. Consequently, there may be a wait while we cook your food. We aim to have all orders ready to serve in 20-30 minutes. However, times may be longer subject to quantity, level of business and type of food ordered.
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Not sure what the fuss is about!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We came here based on recent Tripadvisor reviews. We went on a very quiet evening where for most of the time we were the only people in the restaurant. Service was fine of course. It's tricky to be outstanding with Indian food, as people have their own favourite restaurants, but given the recent reviews on Tripadvisor, we were expecting something out of the ordinary. Don't get me wrong, the food was ok, but I can't say anything stood out as outstanding - to us it was just another Indian restaurant. Big portions, and the vegetarian dishes were good, but we found the meat dishes a little too sauce-heavy and not enough substance/meat. Nan was good. Perhaps we'll try again on a busier night.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank BucksEN
Mohammad K, Owner at Basmati Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. Your feedback has made me aware how we are Looking after our Honorable Customers. Me and my team would love to take an opportunity to serve you again with Basmati's desired five star service strategy to make you 100% happy. We are extremely upset about your previous experience and we are deeply apologised for that experience.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Lived Up To The Reviews”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We visited Basmati for the first time, and were not disappointed.
I am not a massive fan of Indian food, but my husband to be is, and so for his birthday I gave into pressure and agreed to try it out.
I researched a lot of the other Indians in the area through online reviews and friends recommendations, and chose this one.
It was excellent - location is perfect in my view, as you have plenty of options for bars to go to after. Service was outstanding - we were looked after so well, even though they were busy (another sign of how good it is there as it is just after New Year). Our glasses were never empty, and the timing on the food was just right.
The food itself was lovely, and as someone who does not love Indian food, and have to say that I am a convert. In fact, we hope to book again for Valentines.
Excellent all round!

• Visited January 2014
Totnes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence and real committment”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I travel, late in the day, from South Devon to Beaconsfield on an irregular basis to make a family visit.

It is a tedious journey, often plagued by bad weather and miles of traffic cones. So following my first random visit to the Basmati many years ago now, it has become the welcoming beacon that keeps my spirits up as the miles tick by.

I have always loved the cuisine of the sub-continent. I have enjoyed this cooking there and in many many establishments here in the UK,usually simple,now and again very pretentious, mainly average and often indifferent.

Basmati has the distinction of making excellent food whilst being unpretentious, tastefully appointed and spotlessly clean.

Above all the whole team is charming. They really care about the food they make and the service with which it is delivered.

The Boss is just a great guy who has put everything 'on the line' to make Basmati a success. Only now is he reaping some reward for immense hard work and a determination not to allow standards to be less than perfect.

Beaconsfield is, in my experience, a place where pretentious food and 'blingy' surroudings are valued more than the quality of cooking and service.

Basmati avoids this by being a real example of making tremendously good food in simple but very comfortable surroudings and by delivering service that is genuine and caring.

I love it!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michael K
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favourite Beaconsfield Restaurant - Delicious Indian Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant .. always serves delicious and freshly cooked food. The restaurant is great for any occasion, with comfortable and beautiful surroundings. The service here is exemplary and the owner and staff always incredibly helpful. Thank you Basmati for a wonderful Xmas lunch and look forward to visiting you again in the New Year, Suna.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank SimbaR2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Moved to Beaconsfield last month and went for a meal here the evening I moved in as had no food in the house !! Very good service food was excelant and the right heat etc..Have also has a delivery take away which was just as good

• Visited November 2013