“Standard has dropped.”

Loch Fyne - Beaconsfield
Ranked #38 of 61 Restaurants in Beaconsfield
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Scottish, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Standard has dropped.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very disappointed with our visit - previously we have really enjoyed eating here. This time the restaurant had been refurbished and looked smart but the menu had changed very much and the food when served was cold as were the plates. The waiter was not available for a long period and all in all we felt the standard had dropped considerably.
We have eaten her many times in the past but will not be going again any time soon.

• Visited February 2013

Buckinghamshire, england
“Slipping”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a very old building with lots of history to it. It set back from the building line due to a fire over 100 years ago.

Whilst the history of the building is interesting, the food, sadly, is not. I'm not sure if its as my expectations were too high having eaten in 4 Loch Fine places before (including this one) but the quality has certainly fallen.

Its a shame as it was the small things which were missed.

Cold plates, slow service, and staff who looked as though they had been given notice of a dentists appointment for root canal work with no anasthetic!

I might visit again in time but given there are several other very good places locally it wont be until I read some better reviews.

Deano

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Deanmills
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Let down”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

As I was taken there by my sister and her husband as a celebratory treat I was greatly looking forward to this meal out. Sadly this was not to be the case. The staff were attentive and very pleasant but the food fell way short of the mark. Whilst my sister was pleased with her main of fish and chips and was delighted with the batter in particular that was the high spot of the evenings dining experience.

From my own experience my starter of peppered potted mackerel was also reasonable, served in a miniature preserving jar, it was tasty yet lacking in any way the peppered element, the clarified butter on the top was greasy and unappetising. My main of seared scallops and black pudding on a minted pea purée was a mixture of heaven and hell. The four scallops were done to perfection, showing a light browning on the surface yet soft and succulent within. However that's where heaven ended.

Meanwhile outside of the pearly gates there was the fact that the meal was server up on cold, uninviting black rectangular plates.

The black pudding had a peculiar stale, close to an off smell about it, verified by my sis who advised me to leave it, which I did.

As for the minted pea purée, read mushy peas mashed down a bit more, enough said. The chargrilled baby leeks served with this were tough and stringy to the point of being difficult to cut let alone eat, sadly not a great meal.

For desert I went for a "traditional" Scottish dish, the name of which escapes me, however it consisted of masses of thick cream, toasted oats with scotch. The oats showed little evidence of being toasted, rather being a sprinkling of Quaker Oats fresh from the packet, no nutty flavour at all. There was a hint of the highland nectar but not sufficient to be remarked upon.

Overall a sad experience as I had been looking forward to a memorable evening out, however, not to be.

London, United Kingdom
“Struggling Restaurant”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Didn't believe the negative reviews. I should have. Made to wait 40mins for booked table service poor, food ok but small portions. parking impossible

• Visited January 2013
Sherfield on Loddon
“Superb fish & double cooked chips”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here recently for the first time. The food was fantastic!! It was just after Xmas so a little quiet but I can imagine when full the atmosphere is great. Definitely recommend for the food.

• Visited December 2012