“great place for the kids”

Bekonscot Model Village
More attraction details
Owner description: Bekonscot Model Village and Railway is the world’s oldest original model village. Set in Beaconsfield, just outside of London we are a popular day attraction for people of all ages.It was opened in 1929 and it’s a great place to bring the family and stomp around like giants! There are six model towns, a huge Gauge 1 model garden railway, ride-on railway, remote-controlled boats, castles, lakes and industries in 1.5 acres of award-winning gardens.It's a great family day out, and it's your chance to be a giant in a miniature land of adventure, hidden away in a 1930s timewarp. It’s a big day out full of really nice small things and we'd love to see you soon!
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We love going here with my nephew and niece - so much so that we've now bought an annual season ticket.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)
All reviews
"grown ups"
"an adult"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed January 25, 2013

my children always loved it there, something a bit different for a few hours, although you would struggle to spend more than that there, well kept and pretty

1  Thank spindlewood
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I'd not been to a model village since I was a child, so since this was close to a the hotel where we were staying, my wife and I thought we'd do the nostalgia thing and take a look.

I am so glad we did. This is a wonderful place and clearly maintained by people who care deeply for it. You can get round it in a couple of hours, a bit longer if you try and get all the answers to the quiz. The attention to detail is lovely, with plenty of little jokes amongst the models. Children and adults alike were having a great time peering at the models and watching all the trains, trams and other moving parts scooting around the models.

The is a small, newly built, cafe about halfway around which has hot and cold food at very reasonable prices and a few games (one with radio controlled boats and another that involved shooting water at pirates) both costing £1 to play.

It is reassuring to know that places like this still exist. Long may it continue!

2  Thank RichardSurrey38
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went here many times as a child. It's so fun! There is so much to look at and my brother used to love the model railway.