“Lovely park with amazing models” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bekonscot Model Village

Bekonscot Model Village
More attraction details
Owner description: Bekonscot Model Village and Railway is the world’s oldest original model village. Set in Beaconsfield, just outside of London we are a popular day attraction for people of all ages.It was opened in 1929 and it’s a great place to bring the family and stomp around like giants! There are six model towns, a huge Gauge 1 model garden railway, ride-on railway, remote-controlled boats, castles, lakes and industries in 1.5 acres of award-winning gardens.It's a great family day out, and it's your chance to be a giant in a miniature land of adventure, hidden away in a 1930s timewarp. It’s a big day out full of really nice small things and we'd love to see you soon!
Warsaw, Poland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Lovely park with amazing models”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

It's great for kids and not only. Don't forget the camera as there's lots to photograph here. It's not open all year round, just the summer, and it's not that easy to find the first time you go, but well worth the effort.

• Greek first
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Takes me back to my childhood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I remember this village from my childhood and have watched it develop over the years. I still has its wonderful charm and my little grandson thinks it is amazing. The exhibits have increased both in quantity and detail and there is no way you can take it all in on your first walk round so its really lucky you can go round as many times as you like.
All proceeds go to charity so although it might be a little expensive your money goes to a good cause.
There is a childrens play area and a small cafe selling the usual sort of things.
A recent addition is the train which you can ride for £1 - well worth a visit

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sue J
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We took our two grandchildren (6 and 4) at half term. I was impressed by the cost of entry compared to many other attractions. A family ticket was very affordable. The venue is a delight in lots of ways. My grandaughter loved all the buildings with their attention to detail, whilst my grandson was able to see trains travelling around the village in all directions wherever we were walking. It feels like a wonderfully old fashioned entertainment.
I was equally impressed with the cost of eating in the cafe which was very child friendly. We spent
just £11 on two childrens meals,two bacon baps, and a coffee and tea.

Visited November 2012
Tring, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

A quaint little pastiche of what England used to be - or at least how we like to remember it. A great place to take children but also worth a visit without them. The gardens are gorgeous.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A magical place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have been visiting here for nearly 40 years and now love seeing my children find the same magic I felt. It is impeccably maintained and at every turn there is something else to catch the eye. Every time I see something new and also enjoy the familiar. If I didn't live 200 miles away I'd eb going back for the evening tour to see the lights on! A brilliant place!

Visited October 2012