“Cotswolds bootcamp, April 2014”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Cotswolds bootcamp, April 2014”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My first bootcamp, and yes it was hard work, but so worth it. I have been home two days and got the exercise bug back, having just completed a circuit training class at my local sports hall. We completed a wide range of exercise classes and activities, and all moves can be adapted to your personal fitness level. Sam, Luke and Richard were the instructors and they did an amazing job as well as being so friendly and approachable. A must bootcamp, you won't regret it. Xx

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Liskeard, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was the only man out of 9 women but this makes no odds, they work you all hard and the food is great, I was 102 kilos when I got there on the Friday when I left I was 91 kilos the 6 days was great for me and I will go back hillmotts are the best at boot camps

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Vauxalls
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had a fantastic weekend at the Hillmotts Cotswolds venue with Richard and Steve who looked after us and kept us motivated throughout! Having been to the Dorset bootcamp last year when I was fitter than now, I was a bit apprehensive about not being fit enough for the weekend, but I couldn't have been more wrong, Richard took notes of my shin & shoulder injuries and gave me positive recovery suggestions, also being a Physio as well as trainer. During the course of the weekend I exercised to my own limits and pushed myself without putting pressure on my injuries or causing further ones! Steve was equally great and full of enthusiasm and encouragement, he somehow got me to enjoy Zumba even though I have no rhythm!! We have booked to return next year and can't wait!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Fluffyhelen
Liverpool
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Went to Hillmotts in the Cotswolds. What can I say? It was FABULOUS! I have never been to a bootcamp before and apart from being old and overweight incredibly unfit so was rather scared! Richard the main trainer and Managers care and his professionalism immediately set me at my ease. He took great care in finding out my medical history and reassured me completely. He said that the trainers would always show us a simpler/easier way of doing every exercise and I should start with those while pushing my boundaries all the time. The exercise classes were tough and very challenging but the trainers were so supportive and motivating you really felt able to progress. The rooms were basic but clean and tidy and I was glad that my money was being spent on the best areas (the trainers!). The food was all freshly prepared and VERY tasty. Small portions to me....but that's why I'm over weight! I never felt hungry while there as you had good nutritious snacks throughout as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner. The camp had a great atmosphere with everyone supporting each other. I hurt my knees while I was there (my own fault...not listening to my body as Richard had told me to). However, Richards first aid training meant he was swiftly looking after me and I felt the I received very best treatment. I lost weight and most importantly after this 3 day stay was able to stop asking my blood pressure tablets (in consultation with my Dr who was delighted with me). Pre Hillmotts my BP was averaging 160/110 WITH tablets, after Hillmots it is now averaging 140/85 WITHOUT tablets. I can honestly say if Richard and Hillmotts have not saved my life they have definitely extended it by about 20 years! AMAZING

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandy O
Brough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

An exhausting yet exhilirating experience which was truly inspirational. Great attention to detail, targeted instruction and super food. Lovely location and great company throughout the stay. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have just returned from six days at the Cotswold venue and as someone who is extremely unfit and also overweight I was very apprehensive to begin with. The welcome I received was great, immediately made to feel at ease by Richard and his team. The accommodation was exactly what I expected, clean, comfortable and a lovely hot shower (which was definitely needed for all the sore muscles). During my stay there was a few problems with power cuts due to the strong winds and storms, but Richard dealt with everything like a true professional. The exercises were always adapted to suit my level of fitness, which was great and all the classes were very well prepared and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. The nutritional and fitness talks were fantastic. After suffering for many years with Psoriasis, I am already noticing a marked improvement in my skin, just four days after receiving invaluable advice from Richard in regards to diet, nutrition and different supplements to try and to top it all off, I lost 10 lbs in weight!! Amazing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Southwold, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I can't rate this experience highly enough. This newly set up venue is run by amazing staff who do everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible, considering they spend the rest of their time pushing you to your limits.

If you are going for waiter service, Egyptian cotton sheets and a glamorous lifestyle this is not for you. Fitness and health is what it is all about. A phenominal range of classes and activities throughout a busy and exhausting day leave you elated and ready for the sauna and hot tub. The food was good clean wholesome fayre and although I stached loads of energy and fruit bars in my luggage I used none of them, Just a couple of Freddo the frogs.

The staff and the management behind the Hillmotts idea are what makes the whole thing work so well. They are totally focused on their clients, both in the gym and out. Although no one knew anyone else before they arrived within a couple of hours all barriers were down and a real team spirit prevailed for the whole time I was there.

I came away feeling fresh, invigorated and very stiff. You know you have worked your body when they have finished with you. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Already booking my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
The Bull Hotel
The Bull Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gerrards Cross
Chequers Inn Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!