New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Cotswold ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hillmotts Fitness Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
London, United Kingdom
“Cotswold ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Cotswold.

I spent several months researching bootcamps in the UK knowing it would be the best way to keep my weight loss on track and give me a boost on everything I had achieved so far, for when the time came for me to attend.

I phoned one of my final 3 bootcamps but with in a few minutes I was put off with the abruptness of the lady I was dealing with.

Next I phoned Cleo at Hillmotts and the process was pretty smooth. She answered the questions I had and I booked up a month in the Cotswold retreat.

I have to say I can't complain about the experience I had at all. The trainers were fantastic! They pushed me to my ability and then helped me achieve more than I believed I was capable of! The food was good, regular snacks and meals meant I was rarely hungry.

I lost 16kg in my 4 weeks there! My only regret was I couldn't do another month! Thankfully my sister joined me for 3 days, giving me a small boost. Both of us loved it! However I look forward to going back with some of the fantastic ladies I met there in November! I'm keeping up nearly everything the trainers have said and at home I've lost another 3 inches in 5 days without much exercise!

I recommend the bootcamp to anyone wanting to improve their fitness, lose weight or challenge themselves!

A massive thanks to : Abbey, Adam, Chris A, Craig, Tim and Steve!

You all made my journey worthwhile...  And I'll hopefully be seeing some of you guys soon!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HypaKitty

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I did 3 days in the Peak District, being trained by Craig, Tom, Richard and Samantha. The team was outstanding!! I can't say I enjoyed the stay, because there were moments I hated, but the enormous sense of achievement I felt when we said our goodbyes made it all worth it.

The food was great - tasty, varied and filling. The accommodation was very comfortable (although I think I could've slept on a bed of nails!). I found the hot water for the shower was sometimes temperamental, but when twenty people are trying to take a shower at the same time, it's clearly going to put pressure on the supply. If you can wait until a quiet time, that would be better.

The nutrition and exercise talks were really helpful. I was worried it would be patronising and that as a biologist I'd know everything already, but I learned loads and found it really worthwhile.

I'm sorry I didn't book a massage. When I go back I definitely will!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Yann
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I did 6 days at Peak District and completely loved it. It was really tough going, this is not a bit of jumping around to fast music. The trainers know exactly what they are talking about and work you to your maximum. It really opened my eyes to the fact that we all eat far TOO much and what we do eat is often not nutritionally any good for us. I didn't weight myself before and after but I know I feel and look a huge amount fitter and stronger. If you've got the time to do 6 days then go for it. £ days gives you the basics to take home but 6 days really makes the difference to your body. The bootcamp did everything I wanted it to do and a load more. Thanks to Craig, Tom, Richard and Sam you were all great. I will be back and hopefully for 6 days next year. Loved it!

Room Tip: Whether you share a room or not is just a personal preference. I don't think there are any more...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wanted to say that I thought the camp in Dorset this week was first rate. Please pass my thanks particularly to the two Chris’s.

I did the 6 days in Dorset and can see its not an easy job keeping the energy and positivity going for that time but the guys came up with a really good blend of encouragement and hard work, and easy going tolerance of the less dynamic of us (ie me). Never thought I (as a fat 49 year old) could get through as much exercise as that, amazing what you can do in the right environment. I am challenged now to “up” my regular fitness routine into something more dynamic than in the past. I actually went from being able to do only about 20 press ups to nearer 50 in the 6 days. Bit sore in the muscles (will recover I am sure) but chuffed.

Not bad cooking too and the extra "bloke" portion was well received….. really did not feel hungry that much.

My wife has pointed out I have some visible ribs again (first time in a long time)….. and my back aches a lot less than it has for some while. More to the point, although I went in with dodgy knees, I came out with them no worse (admit I was more cautious than the younger attendees!).

I will certainly be back, hopefully having had a chance to do some lifestyle fixes in the meantime. You have a good formula, here, I feel. Actually it was probably one of the most mentally relaxing breaks I have ever had (probably the result of endorphins, lots of sleep and the country scenery: hills and cows on all sides)

Wonder why more men don’t come along? Does not bother me to be with women (and I don't mean that in a leery way) - but seems odd. Nothing girly about it I can assure anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was a fantastic and invigorating experience, well worth it (and I can still say that even a few days after despite a few strains :)). The staff were truly fantastic and so insightful and welcoming and motivating from start to finish. I have taken away many things in terms of training tips, my personal nutrition needs and also some friendships. Such a fantastic bonding experience for groups or people arriving on their own. I didnt know what I was capable of and this experience definitely changed my life I think and I'll be booking again for the new year.

Room Tip: Sharing or single is fine - everyone gets through together!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I'm still buzzing from my weekend bootcamp at Hillmotts Dorset - been thinking about a residential bootcamp for ages so couldn't wait to get stuck in. I've got far too much to say and far too many photos to post about it to do it on Tripadvisor so have done it on my blog instead --> http://fit-bits.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/hillmotts-dorset-bootcamp-review-part.html

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hillmotts Boot Camp (Location Cotswolds date 13 Sept 13 for 3days) has been an amazing life changing opportunity The Boot Camp is simply the best! I particularly like the variety of activities and the sense of fun that's built into the program The service is friendly, relaxing and very professional the guidance from Craig, Steve & “Uncle “ Tim, was just what I needed. I was tired with my old gym routine, the motivation and results I once had were slowly draining away. Being introduced to several amazing new ways of exercising which I immediately found challenging yet fun. This new approach also felt more “real”, as if this is the way the body should be exercising, rather than being locked on a treadmill or cross trainer. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of hard work. They pushed me harder than I would ever push myself working out alone. But you also allow for the individual abilities of each participant. It didn't matter whether you are the slowest or the weakest or fittest. What matters is that I worked at and improved at everything; and the results are impressive. Craig and his team, are very supportive, patient, and approachable, yet professional and clearly an expert in their knowledge and skills. It is encouraging to meet someone in this profession who is sincere and passionate, and not vain and shallow about personal fitness. I can honestly say I'm now eating better, sleeping better, and exercising regularly. I have the hope and belief that I can continue my new fitness habits and my journey to a leaner and healthier me. And I'm looking forward to returning to future boot camps to challenge myself again.
Service from Cleo makes pre boot camp very efficient and stress free she is always on hand to sort out your requirements especially booking the massage which I would recommend on the 2nd night.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
The Bull Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gerrards Cross
Chequers Inn Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn High Wycombe / Beaconsfield Hotel

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!