“Hillmotts Cotswolds”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
“Hillmotts Cotswolds”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've just been to the 3 day retreat and it was excellent. The food is simple and healthy, the training schedule is full on but you decide how hard you work, no name and shame. The trainer Chris Manning was excellent, giving great personal training tips and advice as well as great nutrition advice which will save a lot of time, effort and money. The second trainer Richard has very good advice on how to work your body and not injure yourself and how to take care of existing injuries. Really, really good stuff, excellent value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie F

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went to bootcamp at Cotswolds location 19 to 21 Aug 2013. Had a great time with the exercising and the nutrition and fitness talks by Chris were really beneficial and interesting. Am relatively fit but still felt I had been worked extremely hard. The downside was the accomodation I stayed in- the annexe. Having "upgraded" to a shared double room, I was disappointed to find it was a very small room with two single beds barely 6 inches apart and not enough room for us both to get our bags in the room, so we had to spread ourselves out into the shared accomodation of the kitchen/lounge area which was not ideal. I did see the shared rooms at the main house and they had a lot more room and in hindsight would have been a better choice. We all booked massages for the second day but the masseurs never arrived....Still had a great time regards what I went foor ie bootcamp workout, just the accomodation was not "luxury" as described. I am aware the Cotswold site is moving from this location I think in about October so hopefully if you are going after this time should be better.

Room Tip: Dont stay in the annexe- the upstairs room looked ok but downstairs you cant swing a kettleball in!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jo L
Datchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Loved this retreat - totally exceeded any expectations I had. Organisation was super, accommodation simple but more than enough, setting in the cotswalds countryside stunning and most importantly the schedule pushed me over and above. I totally recommend this to anyone wanting a boost or to kick start your fitness regime. its amazing what the human body can do. You put in what you get out and I cannot recommend the personal trainers enough. Both Doug and Chris were kind but tough and really helped motivate me to keep going. Loved the Olympics and the fact that my plank of 2mins 43 seconds helped the team win!!!! Am definitely doing this again....

Room Tip: I shared a room to keep costs down but recommend a room with a bath tub to help you relax after the...
Wiltshire
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went to the 3 day bootcamp in the Costwolds at the end of July and loved every second!

I was a bit nervous as I'd never done anything like this before but there really was no need for me to worry.

My fellow boot campers were fab (most of them were also at their first boot camp) and the trainers, Doug, Tim and Zak were really friendly, motivational and knowledgeable. They taught me a lot about nutrition and how to maximise my workouts. The workouts themselves were hard work but great fun and really varied.

The food was basic but good, this isn't the type of bootcamp where they starve you :) It's all about eating sensibly to fuel your workouts and work towards your long term weight loss goals.

The accommodation was clean and comfortable, everything you need it to be, and the surrounding countryside is beautiful.

I was also very pleased with the support prior to booking and after I left. Cleo managed my booking and she replied to all my questions (there were a lot!) really quickly. After my bootcamp experience she also sent out useful documents with workouts, recipes etc

My top tip, if you're a caffeine junkie like me, is to take coffee with you as they don't provide it. Also I would defiately recommend booking a massage for the evening of day 2, you'll need one by then!

Highly recommended - I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way! Loved it! Great genuine workouts, tough but fun, very knowledgeable and caring trainers. All very well organized, planned and run. Have seen and felt the results and came out with a great feeling of keeping it all up!
I would do it again! and recommend it big time!

2 Thank Carolina1224
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Cotswolds bootcamp for 6 days and WOW what a 6 days they were!
The rooms and communal area were all very comfy and clean and the 400acres of surrounding land were a great place to be exercising.
The trainers were fantastic! Craig, Chris, Tom and Zak all knew what they were talking about and knew how to make you push yourself that bit harder in a very encouraging and motivational way. The classes and various activities were great fun and worked every single muscle in my body-it felt great though hard at times!!
The trainers deserve a pat on the back for the food considering they are not chefs it was so tasty, fresh and healthy and I never felt hungry!
Booking was so easy and problem free as Cleo who deals with that side of things is super fast at replying and very informative.
I am so grateful to the staff for their teaching and encouragement and I can't wait to back! Thanks Hillmotts

• Stayed August 2013
London
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a great value package in a lovely setting, so I have rated all the dimensions as 'excellent' in relation to the amount I paid (£229 for a shared twin room with private bathroom). It offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets, a varied, fun and well organised fitness programme, very effective and friendly trainers (thanks to Doug, Faye, Tim and Katy), a tasty menu and plenty of advice to take away. I have been worked hard for three days but enjoyed it thoroughly, having had the opportunity to try out a range of new activities. I have left with plenty of enthusiasm for keeping up the training and healthy eating, and a clearer idea of the types of activity that suit me best. This was a really encouraging and inspiring approach to fitness, and I am grateful to the whole team for their efforts to create the environment we all enjoyed so much.

Room Tip: There are a variety of accommodation arrangements ranging from a shared quad to a solo double. The...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Premier Inn High Wycombe / Beaconsfield Hotel
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!