“Great fun if exhausting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hillmotts Fitness Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
You added Hillmotts Fitness Retreat to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
London, United Kingdom
“Great fun if exhausting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just got back from a 3 day bootcamp in the Cotswolds, and am still a little sore. My goodness Craig ,Tim and Tom pushed me further than I thought I could go, despite the fact that I turned up with a bad back. There were always alternatives for the exercises and I was never made to feel bad if I couldn't do something . Accommodation is basic but ok and comfy, food was enough to keep us going and tasty, although I still don't like weetabix! Learned a lot about nutrition which is where I fail, but hopefully now I am on the right track.

Would recommend hillmotts to anyone looking for a relatively cheap kick start to fitness!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Bootcamp at the Cotswolds a few weeks ago was an amazing and life changing experience for me!! I lost 6lb in 3 days so well worth it and more importantly it gave me the motivation to change my life style. It was a fantastic weekend with Craig, Tom, Faye and Chris who are second to none and they all have an amazing amount of knowledge on both fitness and nutrition. They were all truly amazing, friendly, motivating and you can they are all passionate about what they do!! I can’t thank them enough for the whole experience.

The fitness sessions were really varied and worked every muscle!! It don't matter how fit you are, it's all about pushing yourself as hard as you want. I thought I reached my limit during the sessions, but oh no I hadn’t, I heard the encouragement of the Trainers and the other boot campers so I pushed myself to another level.....although it hurt alot at the time......I was so motivated once I had finished!!

We did so many great sessions but the ones I enjoyed the most include, the morning blast sessions that were high intense and a great kick start to the day. Boxing with Craig was awesome and another hard work out. Faye is an amazing dancer so doing Zumba was exciting and so much fun trying to follow her moves!! Hill Sprints with Craig and Chris put me through my paces, which is exactly what I wanted........'Awesome session'. The Bootcamp session on the Hill of pain with Tom took me way beyond my comfort zone and this was the session that I thought I can’t do it........but I did and I couldn't have finished it without the fantastic encouragement and support of Tom and the other girls. I was so excited at what I had achieved once I caught my breath!! Thank you so much Tom!!

I would recommend a massage to help with the aches and pains! I had an amazing Sports Massage from Chris who is really lovely and knows his stuff. Thank you!

The venue is located in the heart of the countryside, the rooms were comfy and clean. All the food is freshly cooked on site by the Fitness Trainers and was really nice. I gained some really good tips about nutrition from the food we were given and through the talks we had.

It is great value for money, Cleo is so lovely and really helpful. She organised the booking and nothing was too much trouble....thank you!!

I would certainly recommend it and am already looking forward to going back in September.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This weekend has been an amazing experience, the location is superb and nothing is too much trouble for Craig and his team.The level of expertise is excellent in both fitness and nutrition and I really don't know how they manage to keep the price so affordable. If you are looking for a Bootcamp in the Midlands choose Hillmotts , it will change your views on diet and exercise forever!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Waghorne1959
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Boot camp has really helped me change my attitude towards food and exercise thanks to a brilliant team, Doug, Katie, Chris and Chris :-) I did 6 days - It was hard but I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a change for the better. I lost 7lbs over the 6 days and have carried on eating well and exercising since I've been back - I'm really confident I'll reach my goal weight. I went on my own and was really anxious on day 1 but a lot of people come by themselves so its really not a big deal and the instructors are really friendly and I have made some great friends from my 6 days! I would definately go back.
Things to remember to take - ear plugs, deep heat, extra pillows, and a watch
Warning - the beds are tiny! I am 5ft 11 though lol.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I visited Hillmott´s Beaconsfield last november. 7 days of great impact. I
have thought of writing this review for months, but I am so busy training,
running, boxing, dancing...:) In fact the week at Hillmott´s really gave a
kick-start of my new life.
Maybe I was just ready for it, but the way Jamie made me push my limits -
physically and mentally - has inspired me to accept new challenges in a
joyful way.
People still ask me: What have you done? You are so fit. Is that really you?
You look ten years younger...
And I keep recommending Hillmott´s - be sure!
My size in clothes has decreased with at least two numbers and I eat eggs,
full fat yoghurt, berries, peanuts in a never ending row...
Less carbs, less fruit (but my taste for wine has increased!!) I feel better
than ever before and I train boxing every week, go to dance courses, did my
first semi-marathon and biking competition the other week.
So I´d like to thank you for all the inspiration, and a special thanks to
Jamie who DID bring Sarah the last day, so I could get the best Zumba-class
ever!
All the best to you all, Julie, Megan, the other girls in the spa, David,
Sarah...and I hope that my friends from Gothenburg will show up sooner or
later.
Paula

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank paula a
Poulton le Fylde, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had the best time ever on this bootcamp, I loved it! Especially having Doug and Chris as the instructors, they were awesome :) I couldn't have done it without them, great guys! I will definitely be going back, I recommend it! I lost a few pounds whilst being there and I have kept up with a healthy diet and lots of exercise. I feel much happier about my health and this is all because of the bootcamp.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having booked in trek in Himalayas and being fifty something and not as fit as I wanted I went off to Boot Camp for the weekend. What a fantastic experience. The team Craig, Tom and Faye were just briliant and very motivating indeed. I have always kept fit and ate healthy but they made me realise that many changes could be made to kick start fitness and weight loss. I trekked 5 weeks later over a stone slimmer and much much fitter!!! I can honestly say that due to the motivation the programme from Craig and the whole experience - my trek was relatively easy!!!! I met some amazing people and the food (i am pretty fussy) was far more enjoyable than I expected. I achieved things I thought I could never do at my age and have paid a deposit to return. I am fitter, healthier and happier than I have been in a long time. Thank you and see you soon. Andrea Prouse

Room Tip: you can have single sex rooms or share with ladies and men - I paid a little extra for the single se...