“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hillmotts Fitness Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Woking, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The Fitness Retreat at Beaconsfield is great. I did 7 days and it was hard but very rewarding. The staff & trainers (David, Jamie & Dan) were excellent and very friendly, patient and understanding whilst being very skilled and knowledgeable at what they do. The groups are small and you get plenty of opportunity to ask lots of questions about diet and fitness. You are made to feel very welcome and at home right from the start. Spa treatments are excellent and are carried out onsite at the retreat with the hotel being a 10 minute drive away offering exccellent (healthy) meals and service. During my stay, some people came for anything from 1 to 5 days and all were lovely and supportive people with a mixture of fitness levels. Some first timers and others coming back for more.
I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Wow. What an amazing experience. I arrived at Boot Camp not a little apprehensive wondering what to expect, but immediately the professionalism of the instructors put me totally at ease. Both Doug and Tom were friendly, knowledgeable and motivational, and also they had between them a wealth of knowledge and experience which they passed on both through training and guidance talks. The sessions were varied and intense; no gym equipment was needed, most of the training was outdoors showing techniques that we could take away with us. At the end of each day, there was a healthy meal prepared, calorie controlled and delicious. The team made this experience what it was: hard work but totally motivating and satisfying. I came away from it feeling enegised and invigorated and will certainly book again in the future. Additionally, I would not hesitate to recommend this boot camp to anyone. Thanks guys for a great experience.

Room Tip: Accomodation is basic with shared bathrooms, but it is clean and more than adequate
1 Thank fighting-chick
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've just got back from a 6 day Peak District Boot Camp. I've never done anything like this before and was very apprehensive (i'm not a fit person). Cleo the Manager of Hillmount, was only ever an email away and offered me lots of reassurance and advice. From the moment i arrived I was made to feel welcomed by the Hillsmount team (Doug & Tom) and was given a full brief of the daily activities. I was able to discuss my fitness and weight loss goals and never felt judged. The camp was hard and i needed to give myself a good talking to. I new i wasn't fit but i was shocked at how much i'd let things slip over the past few years. The camp was the kick up the butt that i needed. I made fantastic new friends from all walks of life. I feel like i'm finally turing a corner, with realistic weight loss and fitness goals. Deposit already paid for July 2013!!!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I did 3 days in the Peak District with a great group of people and the 3 best instructors, Doug, Tom and Katy. It was difficult because we had heavy snow but the team just got on with it and made it interesting, hard work and great fun. We were worked hard with equal measures of challenge and support.

I have recommended it to so many people

If you want to get fit, be healthy and learn valuable lessons that you can take away with you then you need to book a Bootcampwith Hilmotts

Michael Forrest

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I attended a 3day boot camp in feb 2013 at the Oxfordshire hillmotts. The trainers there where great pushed you through every class. It was really hard work but well worth the effort. I lost 3 pounds in 3 days, the food was very healthy and nutritious. I would recommend this boot camp to anyone, and I will definitely be going back again in a few months for a boost.
I went alone but it would be fun to do it with friends.

Room Tip: You can share with mixed or same sex, I shared with same sex and made good friends in doing so. You...
1 Thank bourney_2000
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

What an amazing 3 days!! I have just completed 3 days on boot camp in the Cotswolds and boy am I buzzing!!

I wasn't quite sure what to expect and was a little nervous but I had nothing to worry about. From the moment you pull up the Hillmotts team (craig, Tom and Faye) are looking after you with their friendly faces. Once checked in and briefed you're off!

Over the 3 days there was such a wide variety of activities to be taking part in from boxing, aerobics, circuits, sprinting, Zumba, kettle bells you name it we did it. I am very into my fitness and even so these 3 days managed to push and push with a constant challenge. We even had the extra challenge of the snow and rain! You were given many options to be indoors or outdoors however I am crazy and opted for outside!

Don't be put off by my keenness to exercise, 90% of the activities are time based so everyone and every ability can work to their own pace. The end result...you get out exactly what you put in :-)

The food on site was brilliant. You were fed a wide range of foods and snacks throughout the day with the right nutrition to get you through the day and to give you the nutritional kick into a new lifestyle.

The accommodation was great. I was in a quad room which meant I had time to get to know some people....who were all a great bunch! The rooms were warm, cosy and most of all comfy!

Thoughout the 3 days the trainers give various talks about exercise/nutrition etc and they were all so informative.

A brilliant experience and deposit put down for my next camp! Cannot thank you enough!!

1 Thank Brooke J
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I traveled from Sweden to the Peak district for the 6 days bootcamp. It was hard training indoors and outside in the snow was even harder.

My goal was to get a boost so I could start at the level I want to be and to expose my lungs in the cold (have asthma). The best part was that the staff/PTs. They motivated u the hole time so u could push your self. They also cared and took a good care of the group. I never felt that I wasn't good enough. And when it was hard the PTs was always there to motivate and to give u that push u needed =D

A super mega thanks to Doug, Tom and Katie. Guys u are awesome! I hope to be back for the winter 2014

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 2 in Taplow
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!