“A great time on the 3 day bootcamp”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Manchester
“A great time on the 3 day bootcamp”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I completed a 3 day bootcamp in the Cotswolds 2 weeks ago and it was really amazing and i certainly plan to return soon to the same Hillmotts location or another one closer to my house.

The training over the weekend was amazing and i really noticed the difference in my body in just the 3 days so i would love to try the 6 day retreat. The personal trainers (especially Mitch) were really great and they really knew how to make you push yourself to the next level which is what i needed. There was a range of exercise sessions available so they catered to everybody's abilities which was great. All the staff including Cleo were very helpful and friendly and made you feel very at home.

It was the most physically challenging weekend i have have had and completing it with a smile on my face was a real achievement for me but i would urge anybody to give it a try if you need a fitness boost. i have come home from the bootcamp feeling much fitter, healthier and with a love for exercise so thanks Hillmotts x

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RoseH84

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I came to Hillmotts on the whole day kickstart fitness package - I didn't stay overnight, so I haven't rated it... but I hear it was excellent.
On arrival I joined people who were on the 3 day package, I was immediately welcomed by the other guests and all the staff and sat down with some tea to chat, we were then off for a short jog and 45 minute boxing session which was intense, but such a great workout. Both trainers were excellent and motivating and really got into the workout too. We were happy when it was time for a break and a snack, which was fruit.. and soon after we started our next session on the TRX and kettle bell weights. Again, this was a hard workout, but Massimo who was running this session, made sure everyone was doing the exercises properly and helped out when we needed. Our lunch was lovely, not huge, but just enough with haloumi salad and pita bread.
Next was the hike out into the forest, it was lovely scenery and some ups and downs on hills, through trees and across a few roads, at a good pace also to keep ourselves warm and heart pumping. The day ended with a stretching session on yoga mats and an afternoon snack, before we all said goodbye to each other and headed home.
I highly recommended the day package, would have loved to do a 3, 5 or 7 day package, as I heard from all the others on the 3 day, they had a great time working hard and having fun with the trainers and each other.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Hayleyj83
London
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I booked this through Groupon as a birthday treat for my best friend and I. We went along and arrived a little early, however, we were greeted with such warmth and offered a coffee whilst we waited. The setting is a beautiful farm, everyone is extremely friendly and professional. My treatment was an aromatherapy massage and facial, and I will definetely be booking again! It was fantastic!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lotte32
uk
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Having just returned from the 3 day weekend, I feel much more able to focus on what I need to do in order to continue to lose weight. David the trainer was absolutely brilliant. He took a lot of time to explain the different type of workouts and why they were important etc. The breakfast and lunch that was cooked on site was so yummy and lots of thought went into snacks etc. The hotel is around 5 miles away from the retreat, which is such a great thing. The food at the hotel was very nice and served well. The rooms in the hotel were comfy and had all you needed as you would expect from a four start hotel. I managed to lose some inches and weight at the end of the 3 days whilst never feeling hungry. I would highly recommend this to anyone that wants to learn how to eat and work out in a holistic way. David the trainer is more than simply a trainer, his knowledge around anatomy is excellent and has a way to make everyone feel listened to. The staff were very nice and my massage was one of the best massages I have had. I came away knowing I can now do much more of a workout that I thought I could and that is invaluable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank angelia100
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I have a regular visitor to Hillmotts for around two years now and usually have a hot stone treatment or massage. The standard of the treatment has always been high and the staff very attentive. My latest treatement was carried out by a new member of the team (Julie) and it was the best massage that I have had, either here or elsewhere, in a very long time. This is very much an establishment that appears to be on an upward progression and I look forward to my next visit

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank steve202075
Scotland
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The staff were great, It was just what i needed some great tratments and friendly staff.. Thanks

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Jayne M
Hertfordshire, UK
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My friend and I treatd ourselves to 2 for 1 treatment offer at Hillmotts, it started out badly with trying to book a date as they were never there to answer your call and when messages were left noone ever called back. Eventually after 3 attempts we got a booking.
The website makes you think you are going to a luxury spa......this is not the case. Its just a new build block down a farm track that is trying to be something it certainly is't.
We arrived and were met by a member of staff and shown our booking sheet, this was incorrect and I advised them of the correct treatments we were having.
We expected our treatments to be at the same time and a nice chill out area for us to sit. Nope this was not to happen. The poor overworked therapist was doing one after another, so we would have to wait in reception for eachother!? I'm sure so they could cut the costs of having two therapist in on the same day.
The treatment room was cramped and the sheet on the bed was dirty. My express pedicure was very quick and basic and my facial felt like i had so much oil on my face and not relaxing.

The tolet was untidy and mould on the wall.....hardly luxury

Afternoon tea was booked after my hour waiting for my friend, this had to be pre-paid (no wonder, as I wouldn't have bothered if I'd realised what this place was like).
We were led inot a room off reception which lacked any atmosphere at all. No music just a noisy boiler hidden behind some flowery curtains. The TV on the wall had the socket hanging out and there was noooone around.
The sandwiches were very dry. no butter on them and looked like a 4 year old had put them togeher. The mini eclairs and sweet treats were still frozen.clearly straight out of a packet. Their website boasts of celebrity chefs???
I've had afternoon tea at the nearby luxurious Crazy Bear Hotel for the same price and that was exquisite.
so this was nothing in comparison.
Don't bother with this place its not worth it

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
16 Thank Nini123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
The Bull Hotel
The Bull Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gerrards Cross
Chequers Inn Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!