“Great cafe, will definitely return”
Review of The Cape

The Cape
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Beaconsfield
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A quirky busy cafe with a South African/Cape Town twist, open 7 days a week for breakfast excellent coffee, lunch, Daily Deli specials, excellent sandwich's and afternoon tea and freshly baked cakes and other products, Relaxed Evening Dining at weekends (Friday & Saturday Evenings) The Cape transforms into a delightful bistro restaurant on Friday & Saturday evenings, offering good quality locally sourced products on a small but freshly prepared menu, we offer a small but well chosen South African wine list. Booking is advisable for the evening dinner experience
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We visited for lunch. I had soup, then vegetable quiche, followed by simply the most mouthwatering walnut chocolate caramel cake for dessert. A lovely combination of flavours and textures in the 3 courses. Service was quick and the staff were friendly. A completely different experience to some of the other reviews. I will be returning and bringing my friends.

3  Thank Judith K
pinkybowles_10, Owner at The Cape, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you from all the staff and I for your review, so pleased you had a pleasant lunch, looking forward to seeing you back At The Cape.

There are newer reviews for The Cape

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were a party of 8 (2 children) we ordered off the menu only two had the same main, the other six were diferent. The food was really good quality, the service was as good as I have come to expect - being a regular user. The staff were very pleasant and the bill was reasonable for what we all had. Coffee was hot and there was no pressure for us to leave despite it being Sunday lunch and the restuarant was full.
We highly recommend the restaurent, the staff and the menu range. We will continue to support the Cape.

3  Thank Alan M
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Food is tasty most of the time.......... but the service is terrible!
Get a grip guys! I came out feeling more stressed than when I went in!

22  Thank Maggie D
pinkybowles_10, Owner at The Cape, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

I have made 3 attempts to contact you via your Trip Advisor profile link to establish exactly what your complaint was on the day, I cannot rectify a problem with your service if you fail to contact us.
I would appreciate some form of contact in relation to this alleged terrible customer service.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I meet colleagues here quite often to chat over coffee etc. and often wish I'd gone somewhere else!

The coffee is fine and served in large cups. The cakes are mostly good, but occasionally very dry. They must have quite a high turnover of cakes, so I suspect they don't throw previous days cakes away. Hence the odd bad one. Service can be very hit and miss. I've waited for a very long time sometimes, yet at others been served very promptly. This doesn't appear to relate to how busy they are. If a lot of mums are there it can be so noisy, you can't hear yourself speak, never mind hold a conversation. This maybe due to the long thin room bouncing sound around.

It isn't the cheapest coffee in town either.

11  Thank Jacqui H
pinkybowles_10, Owner at The Cape, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

We really want to like you but!!!!
No we don't have the cheapest coffee in town but its probably the best, if you want cheap coffee and no body else around you try Subway, its £1.00 a cup served in a big paper cup, there is a reason why its so cheap.
Our coffee sizes vary and our largest cup is 11 0z, not large in comparison to the Red Shops bucket of milky coffee.
We are a long established & family run business , we encourage families & well behaved children into the restaurant, if this offends you then I suggest you perhaps visit venues that are unfriendly and non caring.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I went out for an impromptu lunch. I have never had a sandwich where the filling tastes of absolutely nothing- the cray fish literally had no flavour it was remarkable. It was served as an attempt to look suave on a tiny slice of bread which I think had more salt in it than I would eat in a week. My husband had steak sandwich, there was almost more chutney than steak, even though it was tasty. Not once were we asked how was our meal. We thought we'd give the cake the benefit of the doubt before making up our minds about never returning. The flapjack was lovely but the carrot cake was inedible, the cinnamon was overpowering and the icing resembled sour cream. And all of this for a mere £15/per head.. Safe to say we won't be returning.

19  Thank Pickymunchers