“Convenient for Heathrow”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Convenient for Heathrow”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed here the night before an early flight from Heathrow. It was a lot cheaper than any of the airport hotels and as I got a very good deal on short stay parking I wanted to stay somewhere that I could park easily and for free the night before, and then just drive straight to the car park in the morning (it took less than 20 mins in the morning from the hotel to being parked at terminal 5).

The room was spotless and well designed, I liked the simple layout, it made it easy to make sure you had everything with you in the morning. The shower in the room was slightly odd but was fine, though maybe if you were sharing the room, the lack of space maybe an issue. I had a room at the back which was nice and quiet and I liked the bed but it was on the firm side.

The services next door provide a range of food options and in the rain you could walk through the weatherspoons without going outside.

The staff were friendly and there was someone at the desk at 4am when I checked out. I parked right next to the hotel and it felt perfectly safe for me and the car. I would happily stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
H6598, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for choosing Ibis Budget Beaconsfield and we are truly glad you had a good stay at our hotel and your impressions of our hotel and services are much valued by us.

We sincerely thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor about our staff friendliness and our services that you received from us on your last stay I’ll definitely will share with them to improve at every possible level.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again, to enjoy more of our services, facilities and hospitality.

Fazmil HANEEFA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Clean, yes. Small, no, more accurately "Cell-like". Value for money, not at all, there is nothing of value here. This has been designed for those who cannot drive any further. My advice - press on, risk a crash but for goodness sake don't stop here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Ibis Budget Beaconsfield, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Whilst apologizing for the shortfalls in facilities that you experienced, we like to assure you that the management has taken your valuable comments into consideration and will be taking measures to rectify them.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future

Fazmil HANEEFA

Travelers are raving about these Beaconsfield hotels

Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Basic budget hotel, clean but austere, it's exactly ' as it says on the label ' - Budget so don't expect any frills (free Wi fi ) at this price. Asked for extra pillows which were brought to the room. Drinks and snacks available in the foyer , but there are a number of fast food outlets adjoining.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Ibis Budget Beaconsfield once again and we are truly glad you had a good stay at our hotel and your impressions of our hotel and service are much valued by us.

It is greatly satisfying for us to learn that our hotel has met with your expectations in service, facilities, comfort, etc., and we sincerely thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. Your words of praise are truly an encouragement, and we will certainly strive to provide the best possible experience to all our valued guests.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The room was clean and spotless. A little like a hospital room I suppose. However, I did not sleep a wink as the bed was ridiculously hard. I have stayed throughout the country in several hotels on business but have never experienced anything like the mattress in this room. I went to reception at 3am after finally admitting defeat on sleeping to be told he would give me a blanket to sleep on. Like it would make a difference!! On complaining to the manager in the morning I was given a 20% refund which, whilst something, dont think was good enough. I am definitely not one to complain but the mattress was unbearable. ...

• Stayed May 2014

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future

Uckfield
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was the most basic modern hotel room I have ever stayed in!
But everything was there, though it felt like a private room in a hospital! Yes, it was that clean, but austere in the extreme! A separate loo cubicle, and the basin and shower were open to the room. Tiny towels. No tea/coffee. No chair/table. A shelf for your possessions, and a plastic stool/upturned waste bin. Small window with a blind. Good lighting system, and air conditioning!
I only found the peg for hanging things once it was daylight. But for £25 for a single en-suite, what can you expect?

Reception was helpful, respectful, efficient and friendly.

You get a pass to put in your car which can be directly outside the hotel as it is attached to the service station, with a little Wetherspoons pub squeezed in between. The Wetherspoons is similarly spartan, and not quite as cheap as most Wetherspoons. But uber-convenient!

Room Tip: I guess the rooms on the carpark side are noisy all night
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Caroline P
H6598, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your patronage and positive comments on Tripadvisor, on your experience at the Ibis Budget Beaconsfield.

We are truly glad you had a good stay at our hotel and your impressions of our hotel and service are much valued by us.

Best Regards
Fazmil HANEEFA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#3 of 14 in High Wycombe
The Bull Hotel
The Bull Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gerrards Cross

Been to Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield? Share your experiences!