“Wonderful place”

The Kings Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Amersham
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

A recent stay at The King's Arms in Amersham, to celebrate a wedding anniversary, was made all the more special by the wonderful reception we had by the staff, which continued during our stay. The ambience was wonderful and a stroll around the magnificent Chiltern Hills combined with the little restaurants and boutiques in Amersham Old Town was really special. Highly recommend this to anyone who likes history, walking, good food and a trip down memory lane.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed in one of the rooms overlooking the car park and had no sleep until gone midnight due to the shrieking and laughing of the very noisy drinkers in the outside area. How a hotel of this calibre can allow so much noise on a weekday when business travellers are staying there is beyond me. Go and stay in The Crown down the road which is much quieter and save your money on this dreadfully laid out hotel. I was so angry about my stay.

Room Tip: Simply do not stay at this hotel if you actually want to get some sleep. Until they stop outside dri...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
shaftesbury
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Peter and David pay excellent attention to detail and since our last visit there have been several improvements to facilities in the rooms and public areas of a practical and aesthetic nature which increase the quality and enjoyment of our stays. The staff work really hard to satisfy all requests and desires and are always happy and relaxed which puts guests at ease. Breakfast is a quality meal served by attentive staff in pleasant surroundings. Executive rooms are quiet, clean, well furnished with fully controllable heating. A good night's sleep is assured. This is without doubt now the leading accommodation in Old Amersham and the owners should be congratulated on their efforts. A big WELL DONE to you all. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank petergShaftesbury
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed at the weekend and had a very pleasant night in a clean, comforatble and well equiped room. The cooked breakfast in the morning was first class and the receptionist was welcoming and helpful at all times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank wessexlad
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent in all respects. The room was very nice, clean and well appointed in one of the rear rooms away from the main old hotel.
The old hotel is stunning and my wife and I enjoyed the braek from London.
Amersham is a lovely place - a great old town.

Room Tip: The quietess rooms are at the back, the most character is in the rooms at the front in the old build...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Siandsue230
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Checked in around 8.30pm,got shown to the room by a stranger,I upgraded to deluxe stable at cost of £180 for 2 nights,was told it will be so peacefull and quiet,how wrong they are,dropped bags in room,which are cute and nice,went downstairs to the bar to see the warm,welcome,family orientated,relaxed and friendly (what the website says) and feel this,within 15mins,two guys started started headbutting each other,nice ay,so me and my partner decided to go to our room,within the 30minutes that had passed since the assault,they were all in the back garden of which my room was,for 2 and half hours,so much profanity and swearing of which I was appalled with,I opened my window to see a crowd of 15+ arguing,I asked if the could keep it down,all I got back was alot of very verbal abuse,it was then we rang reception,I was so worried about going outside,I feared for myself and partner,we slept for about an hour,we got up early and to book out,receptionist told us there is no management about til 3,so I said I am not paying what U are asking,management then hassles my girlfriend on her phone instead of talking to me,he expects me to ring him,overall,this has happened before,oh and the breakfast,we were told by locals not to eat it,yet its in the price,management and staff issues need updating,quickly...if you like the cowboy scene,then its must,but if you want what it says on the website,then don't stay there,because its a FALSE declaration,oh...dont forget to wipe your feet on the way out.....saddle up and lets ride out....

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank butsybaby
South Wales
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Viewing the hotel from outside is looks like a lovely historial hotel. I parked at the back of the building and then struggled to find any signage to the reception, finally found it behind a dark wooden door.
I stayed for one night, on buisness in the area.
No-one on reception, I looked around & called out, eventually a lady turned up. I felt like I was disturbing her. She gave me directions to my room & told me where & when breakfast could be taken. I had to ask about availability of food that evening. she pointed to the restaurant, no mention of the bar.
The room was small and incredibly dark, I accept that the hotel is very old and the room had one very small window but more light really did need to be provided. I did not feel comfortable in the room and was glad my stay was just one night. That said, the room was clean.
I went to the restaurant for food. The restaurant was souless with a very limited menu, nothing suitable for me for main course, I ended up having 2 starters - not good at all, and certainly not worth the cost, went back to room and ate my biscuits! Must say though the waitress was lovely.
Breakfast was buffet style with the ordering of hot food & was good. Lady on reception when I checked out was pleasant and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a larger window
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amersham
The Crown Inn
#1 of 2 in Waddesdon
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
#1 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead

Been to The Kings Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!