4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fancott

The Fancott
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Toddington
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Fancott is a traditional family pub located near Toddington, Bedfordshire.A warm welcome awaits you and your guests at The Fancott, where food is available all day, everyday.We have been refurbished to the highest standard. We also have a beautiful large garden, great play equipment for the kids and our famous Mini Railway!
Bedfordshire
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I hadn't been to this pub/restaurant for approx 20 years - it was very good then so I was hopeful that it still was! I needn't have worried - the pub was very clean and done out nicely, and the staff were all very polite and friendly.

We went for sunday lunch and arrived at about 5pm. We hadn't booked but there was no problem with getting a table. The only downside (and I'm being picky to find something) the beef was quite tough as if it had been sat around for a while, and there was a paltry amount of vegetables - I would have preferred a couple less potatoes for another spoonful of greenery.

That said, all in all, a very nice to place to go and intend to return in the very near future.

• Visited June 2013
Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hi There

“Fantastic service”

Thanks for taking the trouble to review The Fancott.
I was delighted you liked our Pub, Restaurant and you enjoyed our Service.

However what a shame your meal was not up to Standard, I am really sorry about that!
Does sound a bit like the last of The Roast Dinners doesn't it.
Again I am really sorry about that as meals should not be served if not 100% it is better to disappoint and say "we have run out"
I wish you had told us, as of course, we would have replaced.

See you again soon where, you will see this was just a lapse in our usual standards of Food.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went to The Fancott for a family celebration on a Saturday afternoon, there were 11 of us. Service and the staff were excellent.The food was very good and a wide selection which would suit most tastes, everyone enjoyed their meals. Most of the guests ordered the steak pie which came with a generous bowl of freshly cooked vegetables. I had spinach and ricotta streudel in a spicy tomato sauce, sweet potato fries and salad which was delicious.The ambiance was also good.
We all agreed that we definitely would go back and would recommend this restaurant.

Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hi Sue

“Excellent Service”

Oh many thanks for writing such a lovely review of The Fancott.

I am really pleased you enjoyed the Food and the Service.

Regards

Paul
Flitwick, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My son booked this to celebrate his birthday with family.
Good menu choices, also a separate gluten free menu which was very welcome is unusual to find.
The food was excellent with everyone enjoying their selection.
Service was good and the staff very helpful and friendly.
The garden has a play area and large area with tables.
So impressed that we are now looking to book again for a much larger family gathering at the end of the month.

Visited May 2013
Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hi There!

“Birthday meal”

Many thanks on reviewing our Pub and Restaurant.
Glad you and your family enjoyed your meals celebrating your sons Birthday.

As you say we do have a gluten free menu as well, which has proved helpful and popular with our customers.

Look forward to hosting your next family function.

Bedfordshire
“The Fancot”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

At last I have found a pub restaurant that I can give a good review. This was our 2nd attempt to try this pub out. We went there on the Bank holiday Monday. It was packed out. Couldn't even park the car So we tried again on the Wednesday.The gardens are large and well kept. a good play area for the kids, and even have a miniture railway at weekends. The weather outside was a bit chilly so we went into the main restaurant. I Had a pint of my favourite beer London Pride.
We had a starter. I had a half pint of prawn cocktail, My partner had the pate. Both starters were very nicely presented. For my main meal I had the mixed grill and my partner had the meat pie. again I could not fault the main meals. We even managed a dessert. I had a jam roly poly and my partner had apple pie. Again both desserts were nicely presented.It was washed down with a nice glass of Melot. The staff were all very plesent and made you feel welcom. A little pricey at £65 but All in all a good experience. We will be going back , but not on a Bank holiday.

Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hi Robert

The Fancott

Many thanks for taking the trouble to review our Pub, Restaurant and Railway.
We are, I believe, the only remaining Pub in England with a railway.

Thanks for returning after finding the Pub to full to park on a Bank Holiday Monday.

Really pleased you enjoyed your meals and service.

Regards Paul
“Everything you'd expect from a classic British gastro pub”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Service was very attentive. Nothing they could have done better. Took my family and friends out for a meal around my part of town and everything I could have asked for. Well done team

1 Thank West4094
Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hi There!

“Everything you'd expect from a classic British gastro pub”

Oh thank you so much, for the tremendous review where I am delighted you enjoyed your family and friends evening with us.

Much appreciated you taking the trouble to review our Pub and Restaurant.

Regards