Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Henlow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on the B659 in High Street at Henlow with easy access from Junction 10 off the A1. This pretty pub with its picturesque garden is full of traditional character and the perfect place to eat, drink and relax.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Food and service was excellent, sat outside in the garden, possibly the best onion rings I've ever had!
Very friendly and the bar inside looked clean and welcoming

Visited July 2012
Paul W, Owner at The Crown, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi There

“A lovely visit”

Thanks for taking the trouble to review our Pub and Restaurant.
Sitting in or garden......
Really pleased you enjoyed!
Pleased you loved our onion rings too as, we get loads of praise for our homemade chips,
proves they are great too.

Regards Paul

Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Well Worth A Visit”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I said after I reviewed The Five Bells that The Crown was next (my daughter has just moved to Henlow) and so it was that my wife and I gave it a whirl today.

It was a special Fathers Day menu only today but it included the ubiquitous Sunday roast that I desired - indeed my favourite, roast sirloin of beef. I wasn't disappointed, the meat was very slightly overcooked for me at 'medium' but was nevertheless very good. The vegetables included roasted carrots and cabbage, peas and cauliflower in a cream sauce - delicious.! Roast potatoes were a little undercooked for my personal taste but acceptable for sure. My wife delighted in her beef in beer pie which I must say was full of flavour and contained the leanest of meat which we both prefer. We shared a chocolate brownie bathed in a hot chocolate sauce with caramel ice cream for dessert - seriously delicious and it was wolfed down in record time.

The staff were friendly and courteous (take note others.!), the whole experience most enjoyable and we'll certainly return. Sure it's a little more expensive than other local establishments but think of the 80/20 rule - 80% better for 20% more cost.

Paul W, Owner at The Crown, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi Nidgehammer

“Well Worth A Visit”

Thanks for review and pleased you enjoyed our Roast Sirloin of beef, even if slightly over done.
Thanks for also complimenting your wife's meal.

I liked the 80/20 rule - 80% better for 20% more cost.
Might use that again on these pages. Keep an eye out for that!

See you both again soon hopefully.

Best regards

Paul
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a very nice meal at this restaurant today, the first time we've eaten here since it was refurbished. Tasteful refurbishment job has modernised it nicely and given it more of a "restaurant" than a "pub" feel. Good imaginative food and great service even on a busy day like Father's Day. The menu was a little limited, but we all found something we could try and everyone enjoyed their food.

Paul W, Owner at The Crown, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi Janine

“Very enjoyable"

Thanks for taking time to review our Pub and Restaurant.
Really pleased you like our refurbishment.
Glad too you enjoyed your Lunch on Fathers Day.

Best regards Paul
Dubrovnik, Croatia
“I love this pub and hope it never changes hands”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I love this pub! I have always had great service and great food (and take everyone I know here). I took my mum and stepdad on Thursday, the first time I've been since the refurb and it was just lovely. New decor = big tick. Service = always a big tick. Food = amazing big tick. I think I have sampled most of the menu by now and no matter what I have, it's absolutely great quality and I feel, value for money.

Paul W, Owner at The Crown, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hi Niki

“I love this pub and hope it never changes hands”

Thanks for taking trouble to write such a nice review, much appreciated.
We won't change hands I promise!
I loved the Big Tick, then the Always a Big Tick, finally The Amazing Big Tick!

Wow thanks again!

best Regards Paul
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Working lunch”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Being stuck out in the sticks whilst @ work and wishing to enjoy a 'special' lunch with your colleagues can be a challenge but the Crown @ Henlow made for a very enjoyable experience with a great variety of homemade and delicious dishes.

• Visited May 2013
Paul W, Owner at The Crown, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Hi There!

“Working lunch”

Thanks for taking time to write nice review.
Nice to note you felt we are a special place to bring your colleagues.

Great news!