“Good food , good atmosphere”
Review of The Five Bells

The Five Bells
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Henlow
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

On a very warm evening the staff were very attentive and the food great as usual. It's been a while since we've eaten at the Bells but the high standard is still there . Thanks to the manager Tony and his staff for making our double birthday celebration such a happy and memorable event.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is the place we go to when we take the parents out. I sometimes struggle to choose a main course here, it's at these times I settle for scampi. The parents love it so it makes it worthwhile visiting here.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have visited this restaurant on many occasions and have always had a decent meal here. No matter how busy they are they always try and squeeze you in. Great for a quick meal out but not if you want to make a night of it.

Good choice of menu that appeals to all and the service is prompt and served with a smile.

Very reasonably priced and good value for money

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Although I wasn't expecting much from this humble pub, the food was delicious and we were all thoroughly surprised! Personally I had the New York Chicken and it was great. The atmosphere was a bit cramped and noisy but not bad for a pub. We didn't stay for dessert but the rest of the meal was fantastic and a real surpirse.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I'm really surprised at some of the scores on the doors for this pub/restaurant at the top of Henlow High Street, we went there for Sunday lunch and were completely underwhelmed by both the service and the food.

My wife and I had roast pork and beef respectively and both felt it was the worst we'd sampled on our extensive tour of pubs for Sunday lunch. It wasn't horrible, it was just bland - the beef was akin to something that might have been cooked some while earlier and kept moist in cheap gravy and the vegetables very ordinary. I left half of mine, a real waste of money we felt, although the pork was very slightly better.

As somebody below mentioned, when will people realise that service given is a big part of the eating out experience - it costs nothing (maybe a little training) and means so much. I was told by our waitress that she didn't know their wifi password and then she started to walk away. I asked if she could get it for me and when she came back she mumbled "I can't give it to you, it's for guests who are staying here.!" Might I suggest that a meal for 4 may well cost more than an overnight room. Scrub that, I've just checked and it appears that they don't do rooms - I'm really confused now.!

The Crown at the bottom of the High Street will be reviewed next methinks - I had a light lunch there a couple of weeks ago and it was infinitely better (although more expensive). I suppose you pays your money and you takes your choice...