Tripadvisor
Henlow
2,376 results
All reviews fitness classes health spa flip flops health farm healthy food my mum treatment area sun loungers standard room buffet lunch grounds are beautiful relaxing stay night break restaurant staff birthday treat loyalty voucher thalassotherapy session
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Main reception is beautiful as are the lounge and conservatory. Our bedroom was very tired and in need of a refurb, certainly not 4* hotel standards. We had a standard twin room(we thought we were getting a double), when we asked at reception if the beds could be joined they said no, standard rooms only come as twins. The beds however had joining latches so we joined them ourselves. The spa is where they fall down for couples. There aren't enough loungers, only one jacuzzi, which you almost have to queue to use, a huge pool and tiny communal sauna. The main steam rooms and sauna are in the change rooms and the mens steam room wasn't working. Only one basket for towels and had to wait 10 minutes for fresh towels. The food was mostly good but baked peaches were just warmed canned peaches, I was stunned!! The treatments and therapists were lovely but they only have single rooms.Not what I was expecting from a luxury spa.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blahblahnosduh
Reviewed January 13, 2020

Loved our family stay overnight here a couple of months ago. Lovely amenities, great staff and very good food. It was a wonderful treat from our Son to bring my wife and I here. We will definitely be looking to come back.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank 137mehdij
Reviewed January 12, 2020

We have just come back following a one night stay in Champneys and it beat all expectations. I was apprehensive following some of the reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very welcoming and the property/grounds were lovely.
The spa facilities, relaxation rooms, lounges and dining room appear new and are all very clean.
The rooms are dated but still have everything you need.
We will certainly be returning.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmine F
Reviewed January 9, 2020

My husband and me wanted to spend a quite weekend and we just had the perfect time at this hotel.
From our arrival up until our leave everything was perfect. The staff were very friendly especially the receptionist who just seemed to be there all the time throughout our stay. She was very kind, helped us to to find the right entertainment for ourselves and put us in direction to navigate around the area. I may add she was also very entertaining herself. I think her name was Julia.
The spa facilities are great and very clean, and the food at breakfast has loads of healthy options. The surrounding area is very nice and quite, with lovely walking paths, so it was perfect for us to spend our weekend. I would recommend the place, and we will definitely come back.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Ginike1984
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Very disappointing, did not live up to my expectations. Far from a luxury break!Lunch was great however dinner was not the best. Ordered pizza which had a few ingredients missing plus yellow decomposing rocket placed on top.Complained about it but nothing was done no apologies and no replacement either!
Rooms want up to standard either wasnt luxurious at all! Mould around the windows towels discouloured one soft one hard, bathrobe stained, bathroom floor and door stained and a numbered duvet written in red pen,not appropriate for a 'luxury'spa hotel!!Also when using the main pool area, the showering area next to pool smelt unpleasantly of urine not becoming of a luxury spa for sure!
Will not be returning or recommending!

Date of stay: June 2019