“Relaxing Day friendly staff”
Review of Champneys Henlow

Champneys Henlow
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Henlow
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Day friendly staff”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Arrived at Henlow with my sister to be greeted by friendly staff who arranged our day to gain maximum benefit. Was a beautiful day so able to take full advantage of the lovely gardens. Already booked to go again and this time for a couple of nights

Room Tip: Was a day guest so can't comment on bedrooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Enjoyed a day at Champneys Henlow with a friend who I took as a Birthday treat. We were greeted by very friendly staff who made us feel very welcome. The treatments that we had were excellent and this was followed by a healthy lunch. We took part in the Aqua fit and a relaxation class which we choose from an extensive list of activities. The day was very warm and when we ordered a pot of tea this was brought out to us as we relaxed in the garden on sun loungers. The grounds are beautifully kept which adds to the tranquillity of place, all staff are helpful and professional. Sadly the day was over too soon but my friend was so impressed with her day that she bought a pamper day as an anniversary present for her and her husband.

Sudbury Suffolk
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been to this Resort three times over the last three years. Each time I have been impressed with the quality of service and professionalism of the staff.
The food is delicious with plenty of choice and guidance on nutrition which you can take or ignore as you wish.
The treatment sessions were good and the facilities for exercise, both organised and available for you to use are also very good.
I was disappointed in the room this time as it was gloomy and you could not see easily out of the small window.
My niece and I benefited from special offers in the Treatment area because we booked on arrival. These are not available if you book in advance. On the other hand you can benefit from early booking on the internet which gives you greater use of the time you have the first afternoon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been to henlow Grange on many occasions over the past 15 years. It continues to be a haven of peace and tranqulity, with a wide rnage of activities to suit all tastes. On my last visit I was particularly impressed with the Personal training session that my friend and I had togteher. The Instructor was not fazed by 2 60+ women - listened carefully to our requirements and devised a session for both of us that was challenging, enjoyable and inspired us bo9th to keep going at home. It was great!

St neots
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I went with a friend on a pamper day, which includes a thalassotherapy therapy treatment and facial or massage and lunch. The food was delicious and the service excellent, the buffet style restaurant gave wide choices of hot and cold food. The salad bar was amazing.

The treatments were very automated, it is clear that therapists have to get through client after client, but there was nothing that made me feel special. It's hard to explain, having a facial to me is a treat to be savoured but it was like you were on a conveyor belt.

Tip- if visiting on a very hot day take alternative thin cover up as the luxurious robes provided are just too hot. Also there is no drinking water facility in the swimming pool or thalassotherapy pool. Next time I would take my own bottle as I did find the treatment made you very thirsty especially on the hottest day of the year.

Overall we had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just love this place and my friend and I will definitely return for another 2 or preferably 3 night stay.
The building has so much character and without exception the staff are friendly and attentive.
In addition to the Thalassotherapy session, the (upgraded - always worth doing) treatments (Ultimate Age Excellent Facial with Amy; Champneys Massage with Wendy; Tui Na Massage with Andrew and an alternative treatment Holistic Crystal with Gillian) were all excellent.
Cameron entertained us with a quiz night on the Friday evening. She is a scream!
The cuisine is delicious and plentiful and you certainly don't go hungry.
The reason I've not given 5/5 is that the spa showers need a little TLC (the shower gel etc., is in open bottles on the floor rather than in dispensers on the wall) and the little finishing touches like body lotion and nail polish remover have disappeared from the Spa changing rooms since our stay last August. The carpet in our guest room was looking a little tired too.
Other than that I can't recommend it highly enough. I'm already saving the pennies and looking out for a special offer!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the weir have a good view - but the noise of its flow it could keep you awake if y...
1 Thank Molie1001
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

my friend and I have been going to Henlow for some years now and it has never been anything but perfect! Everything from the staff, rooms, dining and surroindings is designed to give you the most relaxing time and you come away feeling pampered and very chilled.

Room Tip: some rooms are near a weir and it was quite noisy.However some people find the sound of water realax...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henlow
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St. Albans
Days Inn Stevenage North

Been to Champneys Henlow? Share your experiences!