“Excellent service”

Ranked #2 of 3 Henlow B&B and Inns
Rochdale, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had to book late due to change of plans. This meant I arrived late in the evening and was welcomed in a way that you wouldn’t be at a large hotel. The welcome was very genuine and friendly. I was shown to my room, which was well decorated with everything that I required. I had an early start in the morning, an even so I was treated to a full English breakfast. Chris and Sue are the perfect host and I would recommend to anyone to stay there as I will certainly be when I am next in Henlow.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
susan w, Owner at The Acers, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you Sarah. We appreciate you taking time to write this lovely review for us.
It was a pleasure being able to help you and we hope that the purpose of your visit to Henlow proves to be successful for you.
If you do have to come down again we would be delighted to see you, even if it is just for a cup of tea.
We admired your tenacity in embarking on such a long journey so late at night and hope that the end result benefits your career.
Best wishes

Susan and Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first experience staying at a B&B in England and I have to say that The Acres have set a high standard. We were greeted with freshly baked scones, tea and coffee and good conversation. Our rooms and bathrooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable. What impressed me the most was the attention to detail; everything had been thought of, from showers well stocked with (regular size!) shampoo/conditioner/shower gel to biscuits and tea in the rooms to plush bathrobes. The breakfast was delicious and there was so much food I didn't need lunch that day. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a quality place to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at The Acers, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review, Chris and I are very pleased that you enjoyed yourself so much.
Susan
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Quite simply the nicest B & B I have ever stayed in....and I've been to a few! The house itself is impeccably clean, the rooms are spacious, light, and nicely decorated, and the bed was very comfortable too! Right from the minute I arrived I was made to feel welcome by the very hospitable, charming, and friendly, Chris and Susan, and treated to a veritable banquet each morning at breakfast (and a rather nice glass of wine in the evening). I will not hesitate to book a room at The Acers again, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for '5 star' accomodation at a sensible price.

Well done Chris and Susan, and a huge thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
susan w, Owner at The Acers, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks Brett.
We enjoyed your visit here and hope that you were successful with your kayaking instructors course at Shuttleworth.
Your review was much appreciated.

Susan and Chris
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed for one night when visiting friends in henlow . Great room and shower, wonderful breakfast which will be hard to beat. However the best thing about the B&B are the owners, very good hosts and excellent service

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This B&B is the most comfortable, clean and homely place I could ever have hoped for. Susan and Chris greeted me like a friend rather than a customer and I was instantly welcomed into their home.

The bedrooms have every facility that I needed. The food was faultless, with an array of food at breakfast time in particular! But most importantly, Susan's kindness knows no bounds; nothing is too much trouble.

I would return in an instant and look forward to seeing Susan and Chris again!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Kel269
Essex
Reviewed May 14, 2012

As we pulled up to The Acers my partner Emily said "its just a house !" , "Yes, thats what a B&B should be... not a big hotel".... it wasnt going well..

However 5 minutes later after being greeted warmly at the door by the lovely Sue, all fears were allayed !

I picked the Acers as it was convenitently located fro Champneys Henlow (Virtually outside the front gate !) and its rates were unbelieveably more reasonable than the forementioned health resort.

We decided to stay the night as to not rush back and take in a nice night away, booking well in advance we scured the King Size en suite for £65, which also included Tea and Scones on arrival (taken in the lovely garden) and a HUGE breakfast the following morning including fruits, yoghurt, cereals, toast and jams, fruit juice, coffee, tea and the biggest builders breakfast you could wish for, Nothing and I mean nothing was too much for this lady.

The house was immaculate but still retained the character of the house and it felt like just going to see your mum for the night.

The room otself was well proportined, had loads of tea and coffee, nice biscuits, adequate TV on the wall, and a beautiful shower room, full of various shampoos, gels and Molton Brown ! The wife was impressed.

If you do decide to stay and are looking for places to eat, The Crown round the corner while being slightly pricier than most normal pubs has stunning food, The Burger was not just a burger.....

I dont normaly right reviews and certainly dont give 5/5 easily but The Acers and Sue and Chris are well deserving of it !

As we pulled out of the road we both said we would have to find a reason to return !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stubbarama
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

This is without doubt the best place I have stayed, Susan & Chris are friendly and welcoming without being overbearing, the Acers is spotlessly clean a great place to stay, modern and comfortable.
You will not find better.
G Corbett Merseyside

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank GarethCorbett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henlow
Days Inn Stevenage North
Redwings Lodge Baldock
Redwings Lodge Baldock
#2 of 4 in Baldock
The Old Piggery Guest House & Yurts

Been to The Acers? Share your experiences!