“Valentine's Menu”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

On arrival we received a warm welcome and were taken to the lounge for pre dinner drinks with a nice log fire. The food was amazing. We had a Baked Oyster to start followed by Pan Fried Scallops which were outstanding. The Tasting of Lamb was excellent followed by a dessert to share. The staff were very attentive and friendly and the service was excellent. Afterwards we took coffee in the lounge. We must say congratulations to the new head chef. We will definately be returning for another visit.

1  Thank Alan E

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was my second visit to the restaurant at Flitwick Manor. The first time is best forgotten and is covered in another review. This time however, everything was totally different. We had a warm welcome (as we did last time) and a pre lunch drink. Then into the elegant dining room. The food was absolutely wonderful; the salmon terrine starter was a smooth mix of delicious flavours; my chicken dish perfectly cooked with the vegetables just right and the white chocolate dessert finished off the meal wonderfully. My daughter had a risotto which was also just the correct texture and tasted great. Everything was beautifully presented and the service very efficient and friendly. Congratulations to the new chef. We had coffee in the lounge with the fire lit and the atmosphere was such that we didn't want to leave!
Thank you to Stephen, the Manager for restoring my faith in Flitwick Manor!

1  Thank MaryAT17
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our first visit to this hotel where we had Sunday lunch as a group of four. A warm welcome was received at the door followed by pre lunch drinks in the music room. A beautifully appointed small dining room ( there was an anniversary lunch so another dining area was booked ) with attentive silver service. Food was outstanding, fillet of sea bass and lamb exquisite and beautifully presented. All staff were helpful and professional. On our first experience we will be returning. Afternoon tea looks truly splendid. Well done to the management and staff.

1  Thank GylesLondon
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were on a DBB deal which included a glass of wine each. The fixed price menu had a reasonable choice and all 3 courses were excellent as was the service although the deserts were a while coming. Staff were obliging and agreeable at all times. Courses not huge but the 3 courses were enough for us as bread rolls and coffee was also included.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was taken to Flitwick Manor recently as a guest by a supplier. Our booking was a last minute and when we arrived the restaurant look very elegant. Unfortunately the dinner was rather ordinary and not what I expected for the cost and venue. This could be put down to my tastes as I dine in some of the UK’s best restaurants, but I left slightly disappointed given my expectations. Not my first choice for a return visit.

2  Thank jeremy_hartigan