“Beautiful Hotel”

Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flitwick
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked through Secret Escapes and were delighted with the experience. The Receptionists could not have been more welcoming and extremely helpful when we couldn't decide which attraction to visit, providing us with printed information on a number of choices. Stayed in room 1 as we wanted a twin room, it was very comfortable and roomy. Robes and slippers were a nice touch. We ate in the restaurant both evenings and the food was fantastic. Full English breakfast was delicious and set us up for the day. The housekeeping staff were very accomodating and friendly when we got lost and they showed us around all the nooks and cranies of this stunning hotel. Definatley will be returning and definatelt will be recomending. A special thank you to all of the staff who were extremley welcoming, friendly, helpful and professional and made our stay an exceptional experience. Thank you also to the manager who was very interested in any feedback we were prepared to give, be it negative or positive, but it was a very positive experience all round.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lesley M
braunston, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Many thanks for this lovely review and so pleased you enjoyed the hotel. We have many special offers throughout the year so please don't hesitate to drop me a line when you are looking to take advantage os some of our great offers. Kind regards

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived on a very chilly afternoon to be greeted by friendly staff in front of a roaring fire in the small reception hall.
We were quickly checked in and shown to our room (number 11). Not sure if it was due to be booked through Secret Escapes but we were clearly upgraded from the standard room we'd booked and were shown into a fantastic grand room with four poster bed.
There were excellent facilities in the room, TV with the Sky Sports channels (always goes down well with the men!!) and tea and coffee of a much higher standard than you woudl normally expect at a hotel. There were also home made cookies which were a welcome addition.
After dropping our bags in we went down for the Royal Afternoon Tea that we had booked which was lovely. The choice of teas is pretty mind blowing (I went for Russian Caravan which was really interesting and delicious) and there was a lovely assorment of sandwhiches and home made cakes which were lovely.
After the tea we went for a lovely walk in the grounds which are very well looked after and made for a very pleasent place to get some fresh air.
After a bit fo relaxation in the room we went down for dinner which was again delicious. The staff were attentive without being over baring and we could have no complaints with te standard of food we had from the set menu that was part of the dinner, bed and breakfast package we had booked in on.

All in all if you are looking for a great little break somewhere quiet and peaceful with friendly and attentive staff in the Beds / Bucks area I can think of few better.

My thnaks to everyone for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy B
braunston, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

You have summed up in your lovely review everything we set out to achieve for our guests comfort and relaxation and it is so uplifing for the whole team to read your comments. Our new tea range has been very well received, it is a range of 12 Twinnings loose leaf teas and for those who enjoy their teas it is a real treat.............pleased you enjoyed them.

Hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed last night and had a really enjoyable time, service was excellent, loved the old building and furniture, the DBB rate we had was very good value, standard room not bad but we would like to go back and try a superior room next time. The only issue were the pillows on the bed, very hard and lumpy and in my opinion in a four star hotel they should be feather, and this did stop us both from getting a good nights sleep. Loved the real fire in the reception area and really couldn't understand why the lounge doesn't have one - it had a fake flame fire which did not help give the room any atmosphere, such a shame. Overall though we enjoyed it and would like to back as long as the pillow issue is resolved!

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for such a lovely review and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for a short break in the future. On the feather pillows, we have just replaced all the pillows to a luxury hollow fibre pillow, however, we do keep a stock of feather pillows that are available on request. An open fire in the Music room would be great, however, we have suffered from the issue of smoke back filling the room as a consequence of the chimney positioning. The new gas fire was hopefully a good second best under the circumstances.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked Flitwick Manor as a meeting venue. Lovely quite location, beautiful building, great food and friendly efficient service. Could not ask for more.

We were a party of 10 and fortunate enough, it appeared, to have the whole venue to ourselves.

Everything from booking through to payment was dealt with in a well mannered way.

This is a small venue, I believe 18 bedrooms so it would not be suitable for a large group, although you can hire the veneu as a whole for a very reasonable price. For our group it was faultless.

Lunch from a reduced menu pleased everyone and was well cooked and presented.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience with us for your business meeting. We host meetings of all sizes and you have summed up the benefits of the hotel as a meeting venue. As a small venue our focus is on providing an environment condusive for important meetings and learning with a personal yet inobtrusive service. I do hope we can welcome your group back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I held my 30th birthday celebratory meal at Flitwick Manor in one of their private dining rooms with 14 of my friends. We had such an amazing evening, the food was served fresh, hot and delicious and the room/atmosphere was exactly what I was looking for.

This is the second special occasion I have attended at Flitwick Manor, last year we attended a family wedding at the venue, as the day was made so special by the staff this was why I chose to celebrate my birthday there.

The staff are friendly and helpful. Events Manager Sasha made the organisation of the event straight forward with no stress.

Thanks for a great evening! Would definitley recommend and visit again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review and it was a pleasure to host your birthday party dinner. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Terrible. Poor quality food
Stale scones, awful sandwiches with very basic fillings that were in halves not quarters
Presentation dreadful just thrown onto a player
Absolutely disgusted and would never return such a shame

• Stayed: October 2012
12  Thank MrsHHarper
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Some friends and I had lunch at Flitwick Manor on a Wednesday recently. There were very few people eating; in fact we were the only people in our part of the restaurant. Between us we ordered 2 omelettes, a plate of sandwiches and a chicken caesar salad. I was very surprised to see what my salad looked like. A plate of extremely soggy green leaves (unidentifiable due to the amount of garlic dressing) and a very dry skinned chicken breast on top. A few croutons were scattered on the leaves. The chicken had obviously been kept hot for some time after being cooked as there was a hard crust on it. I did not complain at time time as I was so surprised and also did not want to embarrass my friends. I have had this dish in 3 continents and never been presented with such a poor example of a classic dish.
I emailed Menzies Hotels a few days later but had no reply so I emailed again 2 days ago. I have heard nothing from them. I think this is inexcusable. They do not seem to care about the quality of food served or customer relations. I would not recommend eating at this hotel.
On the plus side, every member of staff was extremely helpful and polite; how I wish I had complained at the time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank MaryAT17
braunston, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback following your visit to the hotel recently. Your comments regarding the food have been noted and discussed with our Head Chef. Your original email was forwarded to the company at 6.35pm on the 3rd October. Our response, by email, was forwarded to you at 3.06pm the following day. We have checked the email address carefully and the address used was the address used by you in your email of the 3rd.
It is difficult for me to comment on the issues and would always recommend that if there are nay issues on the day, they are best mentioned to the team on duty and an immediate solution can be found.
Not wishing to prolong this situation I would grateful if you could contact me at the hotel on 01525 712242

Steven

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flitwick
The Woburn Hotel
#8 of 18 in Bedford
The Barns Hotel
The Barns Hotel
#2 of 18 in Bedford

Been to Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor? Share your experiences!