“Rude egotistical staff!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Ate here in a party of 8 on Saturday evening as part of a birthday get together. The food was pretty average, but when there are a few eating you have to be flexible so we didn't grumble, just got on with it. One member of staff in particular was quite obnoxious to me, telling me the plate was 45 degrees by law in order to kill salmonella. I said I thought it had to be hotter than that and he tipped his head to the side and said "you don't have any idea what I'm talking about do you?" The atmosphere was electric at that, he then went on to tell me in front of our silenced birthday party that food had to be heated to 80 degrees to kill Salmonella. The guy was so arrogant and full of himself that I for one would never step in there again and I would recommend Trip Advisor clients to consider this review seriously, unless you're into obnoxious egotistical staff serving you!

6  Thank Wendy M
There are newer reviews for The Curry Cottage

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Well I'm afraid this restaurant has lost our custom over 1 popadom! 8 of us went for a very nice meal here on 20th July for my birthday and tonight 06/08/13 I ordered a takeaway.... I was asked if I wanted popodoms ... as i'd ordered almost £19 of food I replied yes please if they are complimentary. I don't know of any indian restaurants that DON'T give them complimentary. I was told 'oh no, we don't give anything away free' I found this quite offensive but gave my order anyway. My husband went to pick up the meal and questioned 'Steve' about our conversation. My husband was told sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. After a long conversation Steve asked.. 'do you want to have a popadom?' so we were given ONE popadom.... well i'm sorry but after all the business we've given them in the last 5 years that was the last order from us!!!!!

6  Thank Devina_Teunissen
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love hot curries but sometimes want to adjust it just a little, this is never any trouble for Abdul the owner and his great chef.
The bill is always incredibley low, the wine is half the price of any other restaurant I have been to. Amazing food and service..

3  Thank Kay R
Reviewed November 2, 2012

They could not believe we had found them on the Internet, so we thought we would do our bit so that others do too! The restaurant is at the end of the parade of shops in the middle of a housing development, with plenty of parking. The two guys front of house we both very friendly and despite the fact that the restaurant was quiet, the food was excellent. Very good Malaya and the side dishes were also excellent. If you are staying in the HI Express this is a couple of minutes drive away and would be a miles better option than ordering in a takeaway!

1  Thank bgtravellers
Reviewed September 30, 2012

i have tried all the curry houses over the last fifiteen years in the area.But I cannot fault the food at the Curry Cottage in Lowther Road, Dunstable, okay, it may not be the most sullubrious surroundings, as it is stuck at the end od a row of shops, but the food is to die for, the guys are professional but still friendly and I really cannot fault the food. We go there every week, we have tried others during that time but end up coming back to our favourite. Abdul the owner and Mo his son are the nicest people you could meet, if you can't sit in for the evening, the food is still the best as a take a way, tried somewhere else tonight for a change, but back to Curry corttage tomorrow, the food is still the best

2  Thank Kay R