“Staff couldn't have been more helpful! :)”

Holiday Inn Express Dunstable
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Dunstable
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Staff couldn't have been more helpful! :)”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Greeted by duty manager (Lenka?) who was exceptionally efficient and friendly - even told us which direction the sun rises! Hotel is very new, fresh & clean. Rooms are comfortable - we had a superb nights sleep. Considering the buffet breakfast is included, it's exceptional value for money. More than happy with this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel - I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable. We pride ourselves on looking after the needs of our guests to the fullest and the complimentary breakfast proves very popular.

I am sure Lenka will be delighted when I pass on your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Will Glenn
Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Banchory
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight before leaving on holiday from Luton Airport. We were greeted in a pleasant friendly manner and the whole building feels fresh and new. The shower-room was gorgeous - only, no bath !. Other reviews of this hotel rated the food good but when we arrived we were informed that the kitchen was out of action but we could have a carry-out meal delivered. A lttle disappointing after a nine hour journey. Overall, a pleasant stay with good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Louise T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us and share your feedback. I am glad you loved the shower room. All Holiday Inn Express hotels in the UK have a shower; this is part of our brand. If you require a bath then Holiday Inn hotels offer this feature. I must say I wish I had one of our showers at home ;-)

My sincere apologies for any inconvenience with regards to the restaurant not serving food . I too am disappointed and am currently investigating this matter. Please be assured that this is not the normal level of service we deliver at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Happy New Year.

Louise Thrussell
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my 3rd stay here and I was disappointed that things were not clearly any better after my previous stays. Thou the rooms are comfortable and clean the service is another matter.
I had a 2 day stay which after a long day I returned to my room to find the beds still un made bins not emptied no fresh towels. I went to reception and advised I was not happy please sort as I am going out for a meal.
On my return it had not been done I was out for 3 hours so slept in un made bed was not happy .
On my previous visits they advised steak as a meal and on all 3 visits the steak still was not available WHY WHY advertise it then that was my reasoning for going out to eat .Be prepared to eat out.
Also my collegue from work stayed same type room same days and was charge £30 less cant work this out. Also I asked on numerous occasions has any one found any glasses and was told they will ask house keeping after 2 days this still hadnt been done or replied to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Tracey190766,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am more than pleased that the room accommodations lived up to your expectations. However, I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 3 times now, like all HIX you know what you are getting, Dunstable is clean and fresh, great showers, and good quality if limited menu -much better than a Harvester or similar.staff are helpful, and location great. Will be back in the New Year

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Holiday Inn Express Dunstable. I am delighted that you have had the opportunity to stay with us on several occasions and enjoyed your time at our hotel. I too am a big fan of the showers - a great part of our new bedroom design. We will soon be launching a fantastic new menu and have been adding variety to our menu options with special dishes and promotions including our Steak and Burger nights.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and hearing your thoughts on our new menu.

Regards,

Will Glenn
Deputy General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2012

When I booked in on my first night I was not greeted with a friendly or a hearty welcome and thought it to be the English culture. I expect too much? They advertise free internet which was a struggle. Consistently blaming it on the provider. No sorry or we will let you know once it is fixed. Just matter of fact. I asked for a wake-up call....still haven't received one. The breakfast is POOR. No salt and pepper to add taste to the bland food. Is it powder eggs you use for the scramble? In my opinion you should put a smile on your staff's dials . Nobody but nobody smiles in here. I will definitely not use your hotel again and I will also not recommend it. I do travel a LOT and I've stayed over in many hotels, guest houses and the like. Luckily the place is new, so it feels clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank FE_H56003
Louise T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us and share your feedback. I too was disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am very proud of my hotel and staff. Most recently we have been awarded Hospitality Venue of the Year 2012 for Dunstable. Please be assured that this is not the normal level of service we deliver at the hotel.

With regards to the Wi-Fi; unfortunately we have been experiencing some technical issues from the supplier. This not an excuse by any means. Feedback has been given to the supplier who has since resolved the issue.

It would be great to talk to you to discuss your stay with us in more detail. Please can you send me you contact details to gm.dunstable@holidayinnexpress.org.uk.
Surrey
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were only here for a night and literally used it as somewhere to sleep and have breakfast. It's very new and the rooms are very good quality for the price. There was also an excellent choice at breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Louise T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review and give us some feedback following your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Have a great day!

Louise Thrussell
UK
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Have stayed at HIX Dunstable about ten times since my last review when it opened.

The room quality is still good and better than most HIX's; cleanliness is good and the earlier issues with the air conditioning/heating has been resolved.

The bar and food remains good - the everyday menu is limited, but on a par with other similar hotels, and occasionally they have a specials menu which provides a bit of variety.

Breakfast is the usual HIX continental offering with four hot choices and remains consistent.

The only thing which causes concern is the variable service. Some of the staff are fantastic and a credit to the management, but there are others who clearly lack interest in their work. It is always nice to receive a warm welcome, but on a few occasions have not even had a "hello" when arriving at the front desk.

The benefits for PCR Platinum varies between visits - have had a chocolate bar and bottle of water a couple of times, a welcome letter the other week, but most of the time it is nothing.

Overall, would recommend this hotel as a good choice for a one-night stay before a flight from Luton or trip into London. However, if the service continues to be hit and miss I will be starting to look elsewhere for a regular stopover.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms face out the back of the hotel, away from the road.