“Small gestures, big impact”

Chez Jerome Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Dunstable
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: On the Good Food Guide since 2010 Family-run restaurant serving impressive food. Situated in the heart of Dunstable, there's a large car park just steps away from the restaurant. Chez Jerome is housed in a 15th Century timber-framed building and the decor certainly sets the mood. The layout of the restaurant is ideal and even allowed for small closed-off spaces where diners could feel secluded. Chez Jerome sources as much local produce as possible and the freshness and quality of their ingredients is apparent in the taste. A lovely touch by Chez Jerome is opening earlier for you if you want to eat before going to the cinema or theatre. All this, combined with professional yet friendly staff, first-rate dishes - in terms of quality, taste and presentation - and a great, warm, friendly atmosphere, ensures Chez Jerome's ongoing popularity as the ultimate local gem.Open for Lunch & Dinner Monday to Saturday Sunday open for Lunch from 12:00pm till 3pm (last orders) with live Contemporary Smooth Jazz
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
“Small gestures, big impact”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have enjoyed eating here on many occasions, and because of this, booked a family lunch to celebtrate my parent's Diamond Wedding Anniversary. As ever, the service and standard of food was exemplory. The added touch of a 'personalised' menu card really made an impression, and my parents were overjoyed at the attentiveness of the staff, especially Lena, definitely a hostess with the mostest. I cannot recommend this highly enough for atmosphere, value for money and quality of food. We have already booked again, and shall continue to support both Lena and Jerome in their endeavours. With their help, my parents enjoyed a most memorable day.

Dunstable
“One of the best in Dunstable”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I eat out fairly regularly in Dunstable. Due to the number of Indian and Chinese restaurants, these tend to be our regulars. On this occasion however we went to Chez Jerome. We used to go hear in its previous guises "le jardin" and before that " il mirafiore" and the meals were all very good. Not sure whether the owners have changed however the standard of food is even better. They do a special of 3 courses during the week or at the weekend (slightly more expensive at the weekend) which are very good value. Our meal was excellent and reasonably priced. We will definitely go back.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem in Dunstable”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My Wife and I went to Chez Jerome to celebrate her birthday. I have to say that from the start of the online booking process to leaving the restaurant the whole experience was excellent.
The ambiance created by the busy atmosphere really made you forget you were in the UK let alone Dunstable. The food was all excellent, well prepared, presented, and the taste was very very good. I’m usually someone who is quick to complain if something isn’t quite right so to have had such a positive experience made me want to write a review.

I’d certainly recommend the pigeon, the steak, and the crème Brule.

I’d recommend this to place to anyone looking for somewhere special to while away the hours whilst eating great food!

Flitwick, United Kingdom
“Mutton dressed as lamb!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went here for Sunday lunch with my wife and in-laws and was pretty disappointed. The atmosphere and setting is nice, and the inside of the restaurant is tastefully decorated. The tiny tables don't do too much, though, and you feel like you've been crammed in.

As other reviewers have rightly pointed out, avoid the duck at all costs. It's overdone and completely devoid of flavour. How the chef can take one of the most flavoursome meats available and strip it of any taste is quite a feat in itself, and not one I've found another chef manage.

Portion sizes are very small, as if the restaurant is attempting to go for the nouveau cuisine style, but failing miserably. This isn't the West End. I've eaten in five-star restaurants in major cities which manage to provide very high quality food but still give you more than one baby carrot with your meal. What's the point in spending £80 on a meal if you're going to be hungry afterwards?

Service was distinctly average. Waiters were attentive, and one asked me if my meal was OK (I left the duck, but chose not to complain). When I said I thought it was overcooked, he looked at me as if I must be mad and made a comment about meat being cooked properly. I think even the local chip shop knows that duck should be pink in the middle; not black.

Not the worst restaurant in Dunstable, but certainly not the worst. For quality European cuisine at better prices, with better service and quality of food, try Adesso (near the theatre) or Graziano's (High Street North).

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“An Oasis in Dunstable”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A very unexpected delight in a rather barren area for eating pleasure. Excellent french 'country' cuisine well prepared and presented. Fairly priced food and wine with good if rather cold service. Pleasant faux rustic decor generating a comfortable ambiance.