“Hidden treasure in little Atikokan!”
Review of Atikokan Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atikokan
Atikokan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Atikokan B&B and Inns
Freeport, Illinois
“Hidden treasure in little Atikokan!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I went through Atikokan to go to Quetico Parks to canoe and camp and were pleasantly surprised to find this little hotel on the edge of town. More like a cozy bed and breakfast, as the rooms were tucked away on the second floor like old fashioned bedrooms in a quaint old house. Nicely updated and clean, the feeling was quite like being at home. The restaurant had a nice menu and we had a leisurely dinner there the night before we put in to the lakes of Quetico. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed here last summer with my sister for a single night but wanted to stay longer. Stephanie, the owner, was so kind and helpful, and such an amazing cook! We arrived very late on bicycles and were at best hoping for a cold sandwich, since the kitchen was closed and Stephanie had already gone home for the night. Quite against our expectations, she came right over and whipped us up a delicious warm meal, and was back again in time to cook us our breakfast the next morning. The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable, and it was an adventure to wander around the hotel looking at the quaint and cozy decor. I'd go back in a second.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nancy b
Ontario
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is a perfect little inn to stay in, if you are ever in Atikokan. I had their best room. It was great value for the money and they also have an onsite restaurant which served good food. I had a room with a private bath which worked out well. I don't know if anyone else was staying in the inn and it was nice and quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Sahayoga
thunder bay
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed here in September 2011 for one night and was surprised to find that this hotel had been cleaned up and cozied up to attract people that might normally stay in a B+B.There is a nice lounge and a dining room serving a wide variety of meals.This hotel was a railway stop in the days of iron mining before there was a causeway across Rainy Lake so it is nearer the tracks than the main drag.Old bones but upgraded and comfortable.New paint and fresh washrooms.I had a room with no washroom but there was a four piece across the hall from me and it was new and clean.$50can.If you don't know about this inn-hotel it's worth a try.My mother would like it and she does't like anything.I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank geosizmic

Been to Atikokan Hotel? Share your experiences!